+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please, I need everyones opinion!

hamsterlegend

Apr 28, 2023
(I would literally give you a gift card (coffee) if anyone gives me their opinion. I'm desperate)

Hello, I will be applying for a PGWP soon and I am sort of in a weird situation and would like to hear other people's input.

Long story short, I became a part-time student during my first semester at the university.

Just a bit of background story, I originally enrolled in 4 courses (3 courses at my university is considered full-time. and I also paid full-time fees), however, I was struggling with one class and decided to withdraw from that course the day we were given a chance to withdraw rather than my GPA getting affected. I was then told later on that I was moved to being a part-time student and they said the reason was I was taking 3 university courses and one continuing education course. I have no idea what continuing education was cause (1). I'm pretty new to Canada and they never told me that continuing education is not a university course and (2.) That class was showing on my University schedule builder.

You might be wondering what the continuing education was for, it was for my Calculus class as they told me that I did not meet the grade to get into a university Calculus class and would need that class as a pre-requisite. This was REALLY strange to me as I had the grade needed to get into that class and I was also enrolled in a class that had THE SAME pre-requisite as my Calculus. I have emailed/ called the university multiple times both my faculty and the math department as to why I couldn't get into the course. All of them didn't seem to get my point and just told me to take that class so that I could get into Calculus. I had no choice but to comply and took the course as Math is a pre-requisite to most of my other courses.

Note: I also couldn't register into other courses that time as I was a first-year student, and no other courses could be added anymore.

After I found out that that course was not a university course, I emailed my department explaining this whole situation and expressed my concern about not fulfilling the conditions of the study permit just because of this issue. They directed me again to the math department and they basically told me that they had read my transcript wrong and that I should have been allowed to enrol in that course and not the continuing education.

I know because of that, that might result to a rejection for PGWP when i apply, so now my question is
Do you think explaining this whole thing would make them consider my application given that It is the university's error for placing me into the wrong course? because from my end, I know I was a full-time student regardless if I withdrew from one class, it was still going to be 3 and 3 courses are considered full time study. I also have screenshots of emails i sent to them and them insisting that i should take the continuing education course instead.