+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help

yuyu1988

Apr 16, 2015
can somebody give me advice on my case?
I was working after my post graduate work permit expired since my immigration consultant told me i have implied status by submitting extension of OWP and pr application under common law sponsorship. The problem is that my original application was returned because of lack my bf signature on IMM5476 after my work visa expired. I believed i could work under implied status, but i just found out i am out of status last week from cic call center. I called them to ask for OWP under pilot program. they told me i am not eligible cause i do not have valid status. they do not consider incomplete application exist.

I mailed twice additional documents including my pay stubs. I am afraid immigration officer will consider my illegal work. but i really did not know that i would not benefit from implied status if application is returned. Cry

I have quit my job, and try to remove this consultant. The lawyer told me i can not sue this consultant for negligence, cause CBSA will deport me once the case is presented to court.
i am so worried illegal work with jeopardize my pr application. somebody has similar experience? please help! thanks a lot!

Mapleson

Apr 2, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-08-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
28-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-02-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
18-10-2015
You have implied status while an extension decision is being made. Your application was returned as it was incomplete, so no implied status as there is no ongoing decision.

DohCanada

Apr 15, 2015
Hey there,

When you submitted your original "in Canada" application, did you send in an OWP or a request to extend your visitor status? Was that returned with the original application without being processed?

yuyu1988

Apr 16, 2015
Thanks for your reply! Yes I did submit extension of owp with pr app, but cic call center said they do not consider incomplete app exist, and I am out of status :'(