+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help.

DarkDragons91

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
I am having an issue over the Police certificate thing stating:

"Police certificates

Police certificates are required from all countries where you have lived for 6 months since reaching the age of 18.

For more information. See: “Police certificates” in this section.

Format: Originals"

and then:

"Police certificates

If you and your family members who are 18 years of age and older and are not permanent residents or Canadian citizens have to provide:

a valid police certificate, or
police clearance, or
record of no information.
These documents are to be provided for each country other than Canada, in which you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.
The certificate must have been issued no more than three months prior to submitting your application. If the original certificate is not in English or French, then you will need to submit both the certificate and the original copy of the translation prepared by an accredited translator.

It is your responsibility to contact the police or relevant authorities. When doing so, you may have to:

pay a fee for the service, and
provide information or documentation such as:
photographs,
fingerprints,
your addresses and periods of residence in the country or territory.
We will also do our own background checks to determine if there are grounds under which you and your dependants may be inadmissible to Canada.

Please consult our website for specific and up-to-date information on how to obtain police certificates from any country."

I don't really know how to go about this, or how to get them. It leads me to a website but that is also confusing. How do I go about getting these police certificates? I lived in Ohio, United States till I was 21. Do I have to go back to the United States and risk not being able to get back in just to get these police records?

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In which country you are currently living ?. Which is your home country?.
Without going to USA FBI clearance can be obtained from agencies, if there is an Agency in your country.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's extremely easy to obtain an FBI certificate from Canada. Instructions are readily available on the CIC web site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp

ahmad_qambar

Apr 9, 2013
can anyone please help me ? i know its not related to this topic but i cant post in the forums for some reason .. it says you are not allowed .. any help please ?

salamuye

Jan 8, 2013
hello i need answer i ask about my case by email enquir they told me qeueu for final riview what that mean and how long time taken complite thank

DarkDragons91

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
OKay this site is the least helpful thing in the world. Really FBI website, with no way to contact them for background checks. Really. Does anyone know how much it will cost to get the fingerprints from a locol police station and how much it will cost when I send all of the stuff into the FBI?

Boetie

Jan 19, 2013
scylla said:
It's extremely easy to obtain an FBI certificate from Canada. Instructions are readily available on the CIC web site:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/north-america/united-states.asp
Did you check this out. It is a very helpful source and gives complete instructions.

Boetie

Jan 19, 2013
Did you follow through on the local FBI attache offices. No idea if you tried this or it works.

Ottawa, Canada
American Embassy: 1-613-238-5335

Toronto Suboffice
American Consulate: 1-416-640-8650

Vancouver Suboffice
American Consulate: 1-604-685-4311

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

DarkDragons91 said:
Yes I checked it out, but I need to know how much it costs, which it FAILS to provide.
" Seek and Ye shall find" http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/criminal-history-summary-checks/submitting-a-criminal-history-summary-request-to-the-fbi

$18.00 US