+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP

ammde

Oct 20, 2012
hi there
i am in canada since 10 months.me and my husband didnt get along and after seven month we filed joint divorce application.
My husband was wiered to me, i couldnot handle his nature and start talking on phone my back home friend to whom i loved.
well im separated to my husband and working here and paying tax to Gov as well
Now my husband forcing me to go back and leave canada.
I am a pr holder i just wana know that do i have protected status in canada?
my marriage was real can he paint it into MOC marriage?
im so depressed i dont know anybody here who can help me
please tell me what should i do?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your husband can not force you to leave Canada. He can however make a complaint about a marriage of convenience. His claim may be investigated. If you only stayed with him for a few months and you have another boyfriend back home that you are talking to and your husband can prove this, it will not look good for you.

In order to avoid an investigation, try to talk to your husband. If he insists that you go home, you can tell him that you are going home but for example move to another city instead or you can go home but only temporarily until the divorce is finalized. As a PR, you can stay outside Canada for up to 3 years in your first 5 so you don't have to worry, you have plenty of time.

Do not go on social assistance in Canada because your husband will be asked to pay it back and will surely make the MOC claim against you if that happens.

If you want to sponsor your boyfriend to come to Canada, because you were sponsored yourself by another man, you will have to wait until 5 years have passed since you got your PR. If you sponsor your boyfriend, be aware that your prior relationship may also come under investigation because of likelyhood of MOC even though your former husband may not have said anything. If immigration finds that your prior marriage was a MOC, you would lose your PR.

ammde

Oct 20, 2012
Thank you very much for answering me
i cannot go back, my family is so angry to me and will not accept me now
should i take help from any protection lawyer?
i was not satisfied from him in anyway.
we decide toghether for dicorce
now how can he go for moc marriage?
he did alot to me
sir plz tell me the way i cannot go back,,,,, :'(

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Leon has made very good points. Probably a great idea to move to another city/province. There are also women shelters where people can go to be safe. Keep a record of everything that happens - date, time, what happened, etc which you can use to support your own claims in case he makes a claim of MOC.

I noticed you said you don't know anyone - try not to spend too much time alone because it will make you more depressed. Ask about immigrant settlement programs & volunteer activities, church, etc in your area. You can meet more people and make new friends this way. Best wishes!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I told you before, you do not have to go back. You can tell your husband that you are going back if it makes him happy but he can not make you. The only thing he can do is make a MOC complaint and you can fight it. If he can not prove that it was a MOC, immigration will have a tough time kicking you out. You do not need a lawyer at this point but if he files a MOC complaint and immigration starts investigating you, you should get a lawyer and fight it.