+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help! Work permit is still being renewed, I got a job in another company

vchance

May 12, 2015
Hi everyone,

I live in Canada, finished University here in Ontario, and then got post-graduation work permit for 1.5 years.

After that I got PNP (Provincial Nominee Program) Certificate, and applied for PR. Already had medical examination, waiting for decision now.

The thing is that my work permit expired on May 1, and I applied for renewing it (before it expired), but application takes longer than I thought.
I applied through spousal program, since my spouse has a 3-years work permit.

On the website they say that it takes approximately 64 days, but it's already been 80+. Plus on that website they say, they are processing now application of Feb 25, when I applied on Feb 18. (Did they finish mine?)

My problem is that I might get a new job in couple of days ( I'm currently working), and then they will require my work permit in 2 weeks ( I would start working in 2 weeks after job offer). I'm worried a lot that I won't get my renewed work permit within these two weeks.

Can you please advice me on anything? Maybe you know what it means, when they are saying that they are working on application of Feb 25 ( does it mean they are finished with mine?), maybe you know where I can call and talk about it all, make it more urgent, find out some more detailed information about the status of application rather then "it's under consideration". Maybe you know what I can do on my new work place, so they would be OK with such situation...

The job is really great, and I would hate to miss such opportunity..

Please, don't say that I should've applied earlier, I know that. I was just sure it will be all right, I know it's silly...
Thank you in advance.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
vchance said:
Hi everyone,

I live in Canada, finished University here in Ontario, and then got post-graduation work permit for 1.5 years.

After that I got PNP (Provincial Nominee Program) Certificate, and applied for PR. Already had medical examination, waiting for decision now.

The thing is that my work permit expired on May 1, and I applied for renewing it (before it expired), but application takes longer than I thought.
On the website they say that it takes approximately 64 days, but it's already been 80+. Plus on that website they say, they are processing now application of Feb 25, when I applied on Feb 18. (Did they finish mine?)

My problem is that I might get a new job in couple of days ( I'm currently working), and then they will require my work permit in 2 weeks ( I would start working in 2 weeks after job offer). I'm worried a lot that I won't get my renewed work permit within these two weeks.

Can you please advice me on anything? Maybe you know what it means, when they are saying that they are working on application of Feb 25 ( does it mean they are finished with mine?), maybe you know where I can call and talk about it all, make it more urgent, find out some more detailed information about the status of application rather then "it's under consideration". Maybe you know what I can do on my new work place, so they would be OK with such situation...

The job is really great, and I would hate to miss such opportunity..

Please, don't say that I should've applied earlier, I know that. I was just sure it will be all right, I know it's silly...
Thank you in advance.

I really don't know what you can do at this point. What kind or work permit did you apply for? You said you had a PGWP but those cannot be renewed. You should have applied for a bridging open work permit 4 months before the expiration of your PGWP. As it stands I believe you are now out of status in Canada.

See the following link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Hopefully someone else can help

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
vchance said:
Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I applied for spousal work permit. My spouse has a 3-years work permit.
Ok. What is your home country? Even though you are in Canada your application will most likely be processed at the VO responsible for your country of residence.

vchance

May 12, 2015
Really??
I thought they say if you apply from Canada, it will be processed in Canada...
My home country is Russia.

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
vchance said:
Really??
I thought they say if you apply from Canada, it will be processed in Canada...
My home country is Russia.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=172&t=1

Applying within Canada doesn't mean it will be processed there. You do seem to qualify for in Canada processing based on the link above. You will hear something soon I am sure.

vchance

May 12, 2015
Oh, I hope!
Thank you very much for you support! Hope I will just get this work permit very soon and will stop worrying about all of this...