+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP!!! work off campus during last semester.

RoxieK

Dec 2, 2014
I am currently studying in SFU as an international student and I already have 136 credits.
So next semester is my last semester for my undergraduate degree.

As I remember,
I don't need to be a full time student (9 credits or more)
to work as a part time (No more than 20 hours per week) during the last semester.

I would love to have a link of cic or government website that clearly written about this exception. Can anybody helps????
The company have to have this information in order to hire me...

Anybody who has the same question please feel free to discuss along in here 8)

rpatel90

Dec 14, 2014
Hello,

My Scenario is similar with yours,My off campus work permit is expired, so I can't extend it.In next semester, I have just one course remaining,in last semesters I am doing my co-op.I have nothing to do with remaining 1 course,as I will be part time for sure,What I read is to work off campus, we should be full time student.Can I work in my last semester studying as part time?Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

RoxieK said:
I am currently studying in SFU as an international student and I already have 136 credits.

As I remember,
to work as a part time (No more than 20 hours per week) during the last semester.

I would love to have a link of cic or government website that clearly written about this exception. Can anybody helps????

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob194.asp

rohitmenon

Jan 10, 2015
Is there an update on this? R186(v) still says one has to be full time at all times to work on/off campus. Any chance it could be modified soon?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

RoxieK said:

As I remember,

It's 'not your choice' to be part time during the last semester. Only if few subjects left for passing the course and you have no other option but to be part time.

lviva

Feb 4, 2015
Hi,

I'm in the same situation. This is my last semester and I am a part time student now because I don't need any more courses to complete my degree. Can I still apply for off-campus work permit?