+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP SENIORS

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are misreading the operations manual and trying to average the hours out. Based on your post, someone with part-time experience over 3 years would never qualify, which is flat out wrong and contrary to the advertised eligibility of the CEC class.
You are misreading what I wrote. Or maybe I was not clear enough.

If you want to apply through CEC after 12 minth of work, you have to have between 1560 and 2080 hours worked. If you worked part-time 24 month and have 2080 hours worked- you can apply then, AFTER TWO years of working, not after ONE year.

which is done on a week by week basis.
It does not matter what people say on forums. What matters is operational manuals and knowledge of Canadian Labour laws , regulations and based on that- common sense.

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
Regina said:
You are misreading what I wrote. Or maybe I was not clear enough.

If you want to apply through CEC after 12 minth of work, you have to have between 1560 and 2080 hours worked. If you worked part-time 24 month and have 2080 hours worked- you can apply then, AFTER TWO years of working, not after ONE year.
It does not matter what people say on forums. What matters is operational manuals and knowledge of Canadian Labour laws , regulations and based on that- common sense.
so what if someone worked more than 2080? not eligible? Certainly not true...

if a person is working part time, then he needs to total 1560 hrs.. not 2080.
40 hours is considered as full-time in Canada (agreed) but this is CEC; here they have defined full-time as (minimum) 30 hrs per week. its there in the manual itself.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
an 2080? not eligible? Certainly not true...
I do not understand you question. You are qualified if you have 1560 hours within 12 month. And also qualified if you have 2080 and 2500 within 12 months.
However, if you have 1560 hrs in 6 months you are not qualified. (if I understand your question correctly).

Actually, I think I was wrong talking about 1560 hours within 15 months. To compensate for lack of hours in 12 months (1560/15*12=1248 hrs a year) an applicant should work another 3 months to get 1560 hrs of work.
Work only 24 hrs a week and you have to work 15 months instead of 12 before applying. Or working 20 hrs per week you will have to work 18 months before applying.
But you cannot work 40 hours a week and apply after 1560/40=39 weeks. You will have to work another 52-39=13 weeks, getting 2080 hours in a year on a way , and then apply.

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
Regina said:
I do not understand you question. You are qualified if you have 1560 hours within 12 month. And also qualified if you have 2080 and 2500 within 12 months.
However, if you have 1560 hrs in 6 months you are not qualified. (if I understand your question correctly).
you previously said "If you want to apply through CEC after 12 minth of work, you have to have between 1560 and 2080 hours worked" which is not true.. and you changed your words in this quote saying that one can work more hours

Regina said:
Actually, I think I was wrong talking about 1560 hours within 15 months. To compensate for lack of hours in 12 months (1560/15*12=1248 hrs a year) an applicant should work another 3 months to get 1560 hrs of work.
Work only 24 hrs a week and you have to work 15 months instead of 12 before applying. Or working 20 hrs per week you will have to work 18 months before applying.
But you cannot work 40 hours a week and apply after 1560/40=39 weeks. You will have to work another 52-39=13 weeks, getting 2080 hours in a year on a way , and then apply.
I don't know why you are making such a simple thing to be so complicated..
they have clearly said that you need to work atleast 1 year for minimum of 30 hrs/week! hours more than 30 do not count towards eligibility
hours in part time weeks (less than 30), need to be added up and and the total needs to be divided by 30 to get the equivalent amount of full time experience..

no need to multiply hours by 40.. that changes from person to person depending on how much he/she worked regularly. Also, many work variable hours; just stick to the definition and there will be no problem at all.

"The full-time work experience requirement for applicants in the CEC may be met by the equivalent in part-time, paid work experience (e.g. more than one part-time job held simultaneously or one or more part-time jobs held over the equivalent of at least one year of full-time work).
Work experience can be calculated by adding up the number of weeks of full-time (or equivalent) paid work (i.e. 30 hours per week in one job, or a total of at least 30 hours per week in more than one job) in one or more skilled occupations at Skill Type 0 (Managerial occupations), Skill Level A (Professional occupations) or B (Technical occupations and skilled trades) of the NOC. Work experience must be acquired over a period of at least one year; work in excess of 30 hours per week over a shorter period cannot compensate for any shorter overall period of experience.
"

Thats all you need to obey regarding the hours...

#from http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25A-eng.pdf

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
Regina said:
My friend, take a step back and read some of the other posts here. They are based on merit, not opinions.

Canadian Labour Laws actually have nothing to do with this. The regulations that apply are the Canadian Immigration and Refugee Immigration, which are here: http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/FullText.html

This is the specific full-time / part time requirement:

(a) they have acquired in Canada, within the three years before the date on which their application for permanent residence is made, at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in one or more occupations that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix, exclusive of restricted occupations; and
This is the Immigration definition of full-time work:

“full-time work”
« travail à temps plein »
“full-time work” means at least 30 hours of work over a period of one week.
You're using net hours calculations, which is contrary to what is clearly defined in both the guidelines and the Immigration act itself. As well, 40 hour full-time weeks (which is also not part of the immigration regulations). The definition of full-time experience is based on a week's hours, and as such getting equivalent to full-time experience requires a week by week calculation.