+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help. Overlapping work experience.

arun437

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Hi, I have worked in 2 companies. But my work experience in them are overlapping because I could not properly relieve from my first company.

Work Experience mentioned in my relieving letter are as follows:

Company 1: Start date - June 2016 and end date is June 2017
Company 2: Start date - Mar 2017 and end date is June 2019

a. Can I submit the documents as it is ? Or, will it cause a problem ?
b. Can I ignore the relieving letter from my first Company and get a separate letter from a colleague/friend mentioning the proper end date along with my roles and responsibilities ?
c. I have mails in which I have asked the HR to change my end-date, and they would've replied stating that this is the date in the company's system and they won't be able to change it because I didn't follow the official procedure to leave. Will this be useful ?

Please help. Only including both company's experiences would take my total to 3 years.

JimCarrey

Feb 13, 2023
geometry dash unblocked said:
Hi, I have worked in 2 companies. But my work experience in them are overlapping because I could not properly relieve from my first company.

b. Can I ignore the relieving letter from my first Company and get a separate letter from a colleague/friend mentioning the proper end date along with my roles and responsibilities ?
c. I have mails in which I have asked the HR to change my end-date, and they would've replied stating that this is the date in the company's system and they won't be able to change it because I didn't follow the official procedure to leave. Will this be useful ?

Please help. Only including both company's experiences would take my total to 3 years.

I have the same issue. Waiting for the method.

sbali

Jan 13, 2023

Don't confuse matters
Attach a letter explaining that it's a notice period overlap , and you availed leave that you were entitled to and joined second company.

It's very normal,, no bomb will explode

anniesteuber

Jan 19, 2024
USA
Category........
FSW

c. I have mails in which I have asked the HR to change my end-date, and they would've replied stating that this is the date in the company's system and they won't be able to change it because I didn't follow the official procedure to leave. Will this be useful ? Drift Boss

Submitting the documents with overlapping work experience may raise questions or concerns with potential employers. They might question the accuracy and credibility of the provided information. It's generally advisable to provide accurate and clear information about your work experience to maintain transparency.