+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me

seaworld

Aug 6, 2017
Hi all,

I am international student studying in a college in Nova Scotia. My program is 2 year. I am doing a part time as a Cashier in NEEDs Gas Station owned by Sobey.

I need your assistance.

This gas station is a Franchised based. A local company is running it and a woman is owner of the company. She runs two Needs Stores owned by Sobey.

All the employees around 10 in both stores are paid by company, not Sobey. All employees are working as a Cashier.

My question is that how much chances of PR in my this field ??? if i am promoted as Supervisor or a Head Cashier and i gather 1 work experience full time as well after my studies. I am studying Business Administration program.

Till now, there is no Supervisor or Head Cashier in this company since years. All are working as Cashiers and all doing basic paperwork and Cashier duties. Franchisee just checks paperwork once in week and all are running good itself.

Are people applying for PR based on Gas station Supervisor jobs ????

Are people getting PR for these kinds of jobs ??

How much CRS score is required for students in Nova Scotia.

Please assist me into this. So, i can change job and field and invest my time into that job which can be helpful for PR.

Thanks

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You don't get any experience for work done while studying.

If you do manage to get a job as a Head Cashier/Supervisor after you graduate, then yes, that would probably be a NOC B job (depends on your exact duties), and if it is a NOC B job, you will get points for Canadian experience.

The kind of job doesn't really matter - all NOC 0,A,B jobs are treated the same way. The fact that you're a supervisor at a Gas Station is no better or worse than someone who is working at Scotia Bank, for example.

NOC B Head Cashier - http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=6&val1=6211&ver=16&val65=head cashier

You need a CRS score of 460+ to get a direct ITA at the moment. This may change in a year, but it's hard to say whether it will go up or down.

seaworld

Aug 6, 2017
You don't get any experience for work done while studying.

If you do manage to get a job as a Head Cashier/Supervisor after you graduate, then yes, that would probably be a NOC B job (depends on your exact duties), and if it is a NOC B job, you will get points for Canadian experience.

The kind of job doesn't really matter - all NOC 0,A,B jobs are treated the same way. The fact that you're a supervisor at a Gas Station is no better or worse than someone who is working at Scotia Bank, for example.

NOC B Head Cashier - http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=6&val1=6211&ver=16&val65=head cashier

You need a CRS score of 460+ to get a direct ITA at the moment. This may change in a year, but it's hard to say whether it will go up or down.

Hi

Thank you for your response on this.

If still required Score is above 400. How are people getting PR in Nova Scotia with NOC B jobs with only 1 year experience after completing 2 year studies in Canada ? People complete studies in Ontario or BC and then they move and work on NOC B jobs in Nova Scotia and get PR and go back to ON and BC.

Waiting to hearing from you

Thanks

Reactions: jessy87

jessy87

Sep 18, 2018
Hi

If still required Score is above 400. How are people getting PR in Nova Scotia with NOC B jobs with only 1 year experience after completing 2 year studies in Canada ? People complete studies in Ontario or BC and then they move and work on NOC B jobs in Nova Scotia and get PR and go back to ON and BC.

Thanks
you can apply for PNP of nova scotia if you cant score points for express entry.. my frnd in nova scotia applied for PNP first after working 1 year and now she got her federal PR. Search online express entry nova scotia or PNP nova scotia. it will guide you better

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi

Thanks
They are applying under the NS PNP programs.

seaworld

Aug 6, 2017
They are applying under the NS PNP programs.

Hi

Thank you again for your post.

Have you heard or seen anybody that getting PR based on PNP and based on Supervisor position in a Gas Station running by a Franchisee ???
Specially in Nova Scotia.

Waiting to hearing from you.

seaworld

Aug 6, 2017
you can apply for PNP of nova scotia if you cant score points for express entry.. my frnd in nova scotia applied for PNP first after working 1 year and now she got her federal PR. Search online express entry nova scotia or PNP nova scotia. it will guide you better

Hi

Thank you for your post.

Have you heard or seen anybody that getting PR based on PNP and based on Supervisor position in a Gas Station running by a Franchisee ???
Specially in Nova Scotia.

Waiting to hearing from you.

Reactions: jessy87

jessy87

Sep 18, 2018
i dnt know much abt nova scotia but in ontario, i hv seen so many people getting PR as a gas station supervisor. For express entry, you just need one year Canadian experience in noc o, a and b. They dnt care either you work at private or franchise gas station. For PNP, you need to complete some criteria..

seaworld

Aug 6, 2017
i dnt know much abt nova scotia but in ontario, i hv seen so many people getting PR as a gas station supervisor. For express entry, you just need one year Canadian experience in noc o, a and b. They dnt care either you work at private or franchise gas station. For PNP, you need to complete some criteria..

Thank you so much Dear for all the information :)