+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me, urgent help

ehsanpourtorab

Feb 11, 2019
Hi,

I have an active Express Entry application. It was supposed to be finished by June 29th, it shows completed but I still haven't received any response. I sent a web form and they told me that my security check has not been completed yet. My open work permit expire date was June 30th and I applied for a bridging open work permit on June 25th but I just received a letter that my bridging open work permit application has been refused with this message:

"You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because you did not provide a PNC with your application unable to determine whether restrictions have been imposed."
"PLEASE NOTE: Your temporary resident status expired July 8, 2020. You no longer meet the eligibility requirements for a Bridging Open Work Permit under Section 205(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations."
"You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status, you submit:"

Can I continue working on my current job now. What options do I have?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

I have an active Express Entry application. It was supposed to be finished by June 29th, it shows completed but I still haven't received any response. I sent a web form and they told me that my security check has not been completed yet. My open work permit expire date was June 30th and I applied for a bridging open work permit on June 25th but I just received a letter that my bridging open work permit application has been refused with this message:

"You have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open Work Permit because you did not provide a PNC with your application unable to determine whether restrictions have been imposed."
"PLEASE NOTE: Your temporary resident status expired July 8, 2020. You no longer meet the eligibility requirements for a Bridging Open Work Permit under Section 205(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations."
"You may apply for restoration if, within 90 days from the expiry of your temporary resident status, you submit:"

Can I continue working on my current job now. What options do I have?
Unfortunately you cannot continue to work.

You must stop working immediately and then apply to restore your status to visitor status.

On what basis did you have an open work permit? Was it a PGWP? Or based on your spouse's status? Or something else?

ehsanpourtorab

Feb 11, 2019
That's too bad.

I had an open work permit based on my spouse's status who is a student.

I just went through an application and it seems I still can apply for another work permit. It allows me to do it. I chose the expire date today.

Star Member
Jun 15, 2020
What do you mean by .. you did not provide PNC with your application. ?
What's is PNC..?

ehsanpourtorab

Feb 11, 2019
I don't know, it probably means Provincial Nominee Class. But I don't know why they didn't ask for a new document if it is not in the application. They just refused it without asking if I have it or not. and it wasn't part of the checklist.

ehsanpourtorab

Feb 11, 2019
Unfortunately you cannot continue to work.

You must stop working immediately and then apply to restore your status to visitor status.

On what basis did you have an open work permit? Was it a PGWP? Or based on your spouse's status? Or something else?

That's too bad.

I just went through an application and it seems I still can apply for another work permit. It allows me to do it. I chose the expire date today.

Do you see any option for me?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That's too bad.

Do you see any option for me?
You're out of status. You have to apply to restore your status.