+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me (Photocopies or Notarized copies)?????

sandesh

Jun 8, 2014
Hi Everyone

I am sending my intial application to CIO Nova Scotia Sydney for FSW Immigration

I am confused whether to send only the photocopies or notarized copies of the originals at this stage? As it is not mentioned anywhere in the documents checklist. It is only mentioned that if the documents are translated to English or French then those should be notarized

Please help me on this matters

Thanks

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
sandesh said:
Hi Everyone

I am sending my intial application to CIO Nova Scotia Sydney for FSW Immigration

I am confused whether to send only the photocopies or notarized copies of the originals at this stage? As it is not mentioned anywhere in the documents checklist. It is only mentioned that if the documents are translated to English or French then those should be notarized

Thanks
Hi, yes it was not mentioned that photocopies should be notarised but notarising them adds to their authenticity and you lose nothing by doing this so go ahead with your notarised copies and apply quickly. Best of luck :)

Andinu

Aug 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
" Certified true copies

To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

“I certify that this is a true copy of the original document”,
the name of the original document,
the date of the certification,
his or her name,
his or her official position or title, and
his or her signature."

All copies must be certified/notarized. Get the full info from this link
https://tinyurl.com/certifiedCopies

sandesh

Jun 8, 2014
Thanks but in the link which you sent, it says that the translations need to be certified. And in the documents checklist also it says the same thing. And in document checklist it also specifies that originals or certified true copies may required at a later date

I am still confused

Abu Hassaan

Champion Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sandesh,

It is true that you don't need to notarize photocopies of those documents which are in English or French and your application will be accepted but getting all photocopies notarize, provided that bearable cost and less time, will benefit you at processing stage.

Just listen what your heart is saying and do that.

sandesh said:
Hi Pipis

So it means i can also send without notarizing them

Right?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
sandesh said:
Hi Pipis

So it means i can also send without notarizing them

Right?
Yes, you are free to send without notarising but be aware that later on, you may be required to get them notarised as part of the documents verification process. So which would you prefer; to have them notarised now and forever off your hands or to scramble to notarise them later and slow down your application processing?

The choice is yours buddy, best of luck :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Pipis Husband said:
Yes, you are free to send without notarising but be aware that later on, you may be required to get them notarised as part of the documents verification process. So which would you prefer; to have them notarised now and forever off your hands or to scramble to notarise them later and slow down your application processing?

The choice is yours buddy, best of luck :)
Don't give out false information. The OP will NOT have to have the documents certified/notarized at a later date. If the checklist says copy, then you send a photocopy. Notarizing where you don't have to, is a waste of time and money and to CIC it means nothing.

grayninja2014

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandesh said:
Hi Everyone

Thanks
It doesn't matter whether notarized or not. But it's better to be playsafe.

I had all my photocopies notarized. At least I don't need to worry about authenticity issues or so. ;D