+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me out....got a question regarding LMIA

Rohit Nayak

Feb 13, 2015
I am currently working and I have an LMIA which is valid only till April 2015...

This is what I filled in my profile info:

Does Rohit Nayak have a job offer in Canada? - YES

Is this job offer for full-time non-seasonal and permanent work? - NO

Is this job offer for full-time continuous work and at least one year? - NO

Is Rohit Nayak currently working in Canada? - YES

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? - YES

Does Rohit Nayak have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? - YES

this gives me 0 points for job section (CSR) .....so my overall score is 301
As my LMIA and job are contract based....does it mean I am not eligible for express entry...Am I doing something wrong ?

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
I think its got to be a full time job offer. So if its contract based then im not sure. Did you get LMIA for PR only?

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Rohit Nayak said:
I am currently working and I have an LMIA which is valid only till April 2015...

This is what I filled in my profile info:

Does Rohit Nayak have a job offer in Canada? - YES

Is this job offer for full-time non-seasonal and permanent work? - NO

Is this job offer for full-time continuous work and at least one year? - NO

Is Rohit Nayak currently working in Canada? - YES

Was a positive Labour Market Information Assessment (LMIA) issued for the current work permit? - YES

Does Rohit Nayak have a valid work permit for the current job in Canada? - YES

this gives me 0 points for job section (CSR) .....so my overall score is 301
As my LMIA and job are contract based....does it mean I am not eligible for express entry...Am I doing something wrong ?
Is your employer willing to give you a job offer in writing ? You answered no to questions related to the job offer, if you do have a indeterminate job offer for a non seasonal job and is permanent , you must change your answers and you will get 600 points. If you don't have a job offer, your answer is no on the first question as well.

Rohit Nayak

Feb 13, 2015
Thanks for the immediate reply guys

Yes my I have a job offer in written...and my employer got me an LMIA and it was positive LMIA response. I am working 40 hours a week officially also mentioned in my offer letter...so it is full time job offer....but not sure if it can be called as permanent job as my contract ends on 29th march.

Also one more thing I just noticed...my Job bank Registration says pending ..... I have filled all the sections...

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Rohit Nayak said:
Thanks for the immediate reply guys

Yes my I have a job offer in written...and my employer got me an LMIA and it was positive LMIA response. I am working 40 hours a week officially also mentioned in my offer letter...so it is full time job offer....but not sure if it can be called as permanent job as my contract ends on 29th march.

Also one more thing I just noticed...my Job bank Registration says pending ..... I have filled all the sections...

It does not matter your work permit expires in March, if the job offer letter says it is full time and indeterminate/permanent, answer yes to both questions. You wont need the job bank profile.

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
susana said:
It does not matter your work permit expires in March, if the job offer letter says it is full time and indeterminate/permanent, answer yes to both questions. You wont need the job bank profile.
Yes, get your application moving ASAP

Your employer should be able to hire you after your contract ends, if you get a work permit and if he wants to hire you.

How come your contract is ending so soon?

Rohit Nayak

Feb 13, 2015
ya ...but on my offer letter it says...temporary , project only basis contract. and the company may extend it beyond the anticipated date......

My contract was short term anyways.... from April 7th 2014 till oct 19th 2014.....and then it got extended till 29th march 2015........so I might have to look for other job after that....and get another lmia

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Thats where you have got to be careful as when they process your application they might pick up on that fact.

Did your employer spend $1000 to get you a short term LMIA?

Why dont you get a free consultation with an Immigration consultant/lawyer and see what they say? If they think your're good to go then it might clear up that point

Intocanada

Mar 18, 2014
Rohit Nayak said:
that's why I am confused if I could say yes to the permanent job question
If your employer states the end date then that is not a permanent offer. But, try to negotiate with your employer whether a permanent job can be offered.

Anyway Permanent doesn't mean Permanent in this tough world :p :p :p

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
irishIan said:
Thats where you have got to be careful as when they process your application they might pick up on that fact.

Did your employer spend $1000 to get you a short term LMIA?

Why dont you get a free consultation with an Immigration consultant/lawyer and see what they say? If they think your're good to go then it might clear up that point
So that's means...if we have permanent job on PGWP, employer need to apply LMIA for PR only. And in that way they don't need to pay $1000 ?

• Haha
Reactions: WhatTheFCan

irishIan

Star Member
Apr 10, 2013
Yes, as far as i know if your employer applies for an LMIA to support your PR then its free. I dont know much else about it and im sure it still takes 3-4 months but its like gold if you can get it

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
Rohit Nayak said:
that's why I am confused if I could say yes to the permanent job question
Hey, don't want to creep you out, but I think I know you. If you are the guy I worked with in the vfx field (on the 3rd floor which has the outside patio with the herb garden, don't want to say the name of the place) then I have to say the contract you have is NOT a permanent job. It's a show based contract and it probably says the same thing all the temporary contracts say, an end date or "until end of show." Give Hanna an email and see if you can speak to one of their lawyers. I did and he was very helpful.
You can try Imageworks. They have been known to give out "indefinite employment" contracts. These might work, but I don't know anyone who has tried yet.
If you aren' the guy I think you are, then sorry! I'd just be surprised if there was someone with the exact same name as the person I know.

Rohit Nayak

Feb 13, 2015
IrishIan....yes my employer paind 1000$ for my LMIA....... I will be going for a immigration consultant i guess......

AshesNdust.....yes haha I am the same guy....ya I will be talking to the lawyer .... what is ur status ? are you eligible ?

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Rohit Nayak said:
ya ...but on my offer letter it says...temporary , project only basis contract. and the company may extend it beyond the anticipated date......

My contract was short term anyways.... from April 7th 2014 till oct 19th 2014.....and then it got extended till 29th march 2015........so I might have to look for other job after that....and get another lmia
You need to talk to your employer about the conditions of the job offer, forget about your current contract, he needs to write a new job offfer and if he wants to support your application for PR , the job offer must be for a permanent full time position and has to have a start date ( future not past) . The job offer must be in the same occupation you have now in your work permit. I hope you understand now what a permanent job offer is about. Because you are currently working in a temporary contract with a work permit supported by an LMO/LMIA , you are elegible to claim the 600 points IF, ONLY IF your currrent employer extends a PERMANENT JOB offer in the same position with a future startring date.

Please send me a personal message if you require to contact a Regulated Immigration Consultant.

Regards ,