+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help me on student visa

Peter143

Apr 23, 2014
hi guys

i recently applied for a student visa(conostoga collge ) and i got rejected from Canadian high Commission saying two main reasons
1, you have submitted documentation which lacks authenticity as part of application this has diminished the overall credibility of you submission
2, other reasons,
you proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualification , previous studies, gap in studies ,employment, language abilities, or your future prospect and plans

Documents i submitted
all certificate degree,transcripts of degree,high school,ielts
medical certificate
income certificate
sop and passport

my qualification are
BSC computer science from united kingdom
10th and 12th certificate
IELTS overall 6.5 r:6 l:8 s:6.5 w:5.5
Applied course was mobile solution development(2 year) graduate certificate program in Conostoga college

i am planning to re apply for student visa by changing the college to lampton but the same course cause there is no intake in September for conestoga college and improving my ielts score to no band less than 6 with 6.5 overall or higher. is there any problem in changing my college.
what are my chances of getting a student visa or should i add more documents
please help me suggesting any mistakes or any suggestion to get student visa

HYDRASPY

Nov 17, 2013
i have no experience ...but i think that the reason for their rejection is that..you have applied for a certificate..and you are going to a collage...i would recommend you to go for a University degree..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HYDRASPY said:
i have no experience ...but i think that the reason for their rejection is that..you have applied for a certificate..and you are going to a collage...i would recommend you to go for a University degree..
I completely disagree. The rejection reason very clearly states: you have submitted documentation which lacks authenticity as part of application this has diminished the overall credibility of you submission

This means the OP submitted a document that CIC believes is fake. This is a problem that needs to be resolved before the OP applies again.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
I agree with both HYDRASPY and Scylla. You should apply to a university. You already have BSc. in computer science. Also, make sure you submit necessary documentation to prove that those submitted before were not fake. Also add a letter on intent and tell the visa officer why you want to pursue that course, what you will gain, how it will help increase your employability in your country, your future plans and what will compare you to return to your home country after your studies in Canada. Writing ielts again won't be necessary. Just work on the major problems and find a university which will accept your ielts score band.

Peter143

Apr 23, 2014
Thnks for your help guys all documents I submitted are 100 percent original and genuine
Do I need to submit my original certificate rather than submitting notarized copy my documents
Is it a big problem choosing college instead of university for my case

Peter143

Apr 23, 2014
Does changing my college and course to a university course affect my chances of getting my student visa or should I just go with my college plsss help me guys

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Peter143 said:
Does changing my college and course to a university course affect my chances of getting my student visa or should I just go with my college plsss help me guys
Can you clarify: are you intending to pursue the program at post graduate level (thus masters) or another undergrad level?

Peter143

Apr 23, 2014
I would like to pursue a master degree in computer science from memorial university or any other university

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Peter143 said:
I would like to pursue a master degree in computer science from memorial university or any other university

If you wish to pursue master's degree, then apply to a university rather than a college. Yes apply to memorial university if they have master's degree in computer science. Have you checked the deadline for Fall 2014? You may also search for other Canadian universities.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Regina said:
And improve your IELTS. W 5.5 is too low for post-grad.
You should consider re-writing ielts if your current scores don't meet the requirement set by the university you're applying to. I, for instance, didn't take IELTS because my university recognised english as a second language of my country and does not require IELTS from applicants from my country. The embassy didn't ask me of any ielts either.

If your university needs it and you don't meet the minimum requirement for the school/department then you will need to re-write it.