+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me! My situation is realy strange :(

eissa94

Sep 20, 2014
firstly, thank you for reading this, and I hope you can simply contribute to my situation.

My name is Eissa, I'm a student in Dalhousie University, I'm a Palestinian guy, born and lived all my life in Qatar. I applied to study permit and visa through Canadian embassy in Abu Dubai in early 2012. and I received my study permit and visa in mid 2012 (validity was from august 18.2012 to july 31.2014) to start in Georgian college in barrie Ontario. I stayed in college for the fall and had to drop in winter due to change in plan (credit wont transfer to university level) so I started in Dalhousie in june 2013, in the between time I went to Qatar, upgraded my English and visited family.

i studied in Dalhousie from September 2013 to April 2014, then i went home in late may and returned in mid july 2014. i contacted the cic from Qatar and they told theres no problem of applying late but not after the expiry date ( july 31 2014) they told to apply online and the student advisor in school advised how to do it.

on july 25, 2014 the online application for study permit was received and every single requirement and document was submitted and even extra. The processing time was 15 days. I waited from july 25 till September 2 (before school start within days). on September 2 my account on the cic was updated and file was close and the decision was "the application has been withdrawn" they attached a letter stating that the reason is because "you have submitted an application that must be submitted in paper form. we cannot take any action in your case until such time as you re-apply a new paper application to CPC-Vegreville"

I was shocked of the outcome because they told i cant go to school, so i had to drop this fall term. i tried calling so many times to understand why this happen and what should i do. they send me an email that i should apply for study permit and TRP, both of them in one file mailed to CPC. so i did and the paper application was received by September 5 2014. till this day every time i call they say we have it on file but not in process. i had 3 lawyers going into my file for help on why i need trp not trv especially that i'm a student. turns out to be that i had TRP for 2 years given by Abu-Dubai for no reason. and everyone treated like its a visa. my friend came to Toronto fresh from Qatar and they gave him trp and he applied for a visa like me. so i figured that maybe because we are Palestinian.

I would appreciate anyone who can help me figure out this complicated situation and give me a clear idea of what id next and when could cic finish processing my file, because I need to start in the upcoming winter term.

hope to hear from you guys. thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your situation is quite complicated.

I agree the TRP makes no sense - but I'm not an expert. If your study permit expired on July 31st, then in my mind you should have applied to restore your status (since you no longer have status if your study permit renewal has been refused) and also applied to renew your study permit.

Have any of the lawyers you've spoken to mentioned the restoration application?

eissa94

Sep 20, 2014
thank for replying Scylla,

well the lawyers told since the letter I received after the application has been withdrawn doesn't state anything about restoration (90 days period or how to apply for restoration). so the letter doesn't tell to apply as restoration but it tell me to re-apply in paper form. but when I called cic, the officer told you cant go to school. so to me that falls under the restoration category right.

to be honest with you, till this day I don't know if they going to treat my application as extension (re-applying) or restoration.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you are still in Canada now, then I don't see that you have any choice but to apply to restore your status.

Anyway, your situation is unfortunately far too complicated for this forum. I would recommend you continue searching for lawyers until you feel you have found one who can handle your case. Note that you can only apply to restore your status within 90 days of your status expiring. So in my opinion you are in a race against time...

Don't bother calling CIC. Your situation is far too complicated for their help desk to answer correctly.

coolraman

Star Member
Aug 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-10-2014
If you have the money to spend i can definitely suggest you an excellent consultancy in Canada. I personally sought their help but not particularly in a situation like urs but they were very helpful.