+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please help me finalizing my decision

a_lone

Apr 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

Please help me finalizing my decision. After searching and gathering information I've finally select the following programs, now I want seniors advice on which one I go with. Please tell me which one of these would be the best of all, in terms of job opportunities after completing course and getting PR. And also part time jobs while studying.

1- University of Victoria -- Masters of Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering (Course based) -- Duration 2 years
2- Memorial University -- Masters in Engineering Management (Course based) -- Duration less than 2 years
3- Conestoga Collage -- Embedded Systems Development, Graduate Certificate with Co-op -- Duration 2 years

Thanks for all your help :D

dok

Apr 20, 2014
a_lone said:
Hi all,

Please help me finalizing my decision. After searching and gathering information I've finally select the following programs, now I want seniors advice on which one I go with. Please tell me which one of these would be the best of all, in terms of job opportunities after completing course and getting PR. And also part time jobs while studying.

1- University of Victoria -- Masters of Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering (Course based) -- Duration 2 years
2- Memorial University -- Masters in Engineering Management (Course based) -- Duration less than 2 years
3- Conestoga Collage -- Embedded Systems Development, Graduate Certificate with Co-op -- Duration 2 years

Thanks for all your help :D
Hi, I suppose University of Victoria is the best from your case, even though they are all course based. I hope you get enough. Have you applied for study permit?

a_lone

Apr 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dok said:
Hi, I suppose University of Victoria is the best from your case, even though they are all course based. I hope you get enough. Have you applied for study permit?
No I haven't applied for study permit yet.. Which uni are you going in and in what program? Could you please tell me why you didn't suggest Conestoga Collage as this collage is offering 1 term paid co-op as well, which I think will be good in getting PR and contacts for permanent job. Am I right?

spycyhrtforu

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Conestoga college is only a graduate certificate even though you have the option of co-op for one term. Other two choices are Masters degree. What are your expectations ? Are you looking to obtain a degree or just a certificate is enough ? I don't think a graduate certificate holds much value when compared to a masters. The decision is upto you. All the best.

propain

Champion Member
Sep 1, 2013
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your preference should be victoria, memorial and then the coll.

June 1st cic bringing out a list of institutions in which many colleges would face problem.

a_lone

Apr 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spycyhrtforu said:
Conestoga college is only a graduate certificate even though you have the option of co-op for one term. Other two choices are Masters degree. What are your expectations ? Are you looking to obtain a degree or just a certificate is enough ? I don't think a graduate certificate holds much value when compared to a masters. The decision is upto you. All the best.
Thanks buddy

a_lone

Apr 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
propain said:
Your preference should be victoria, memorial and then the coll.

June 1st cic bringing out a list of institutions in which many colleges would face problem.
Thanks propain.. I like and appreciate you signature...

a_lone

Apr 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
propain said:
Iv sent u a pm. Pls read
Yes I received it and I replied I hope you received mine as I can't see it at my sent items/outbox :(