+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help- locked myCic

Lyalya

Nov 11, 2014
Please help !!!
Hello everyone
Is there anyone who know what to do when MyCic locked?

My account locked from yesterday and I don't know if CIC will review my application or no because of this problem?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Lyalya said:
Please help !!!
Hello everyone
Is there anyone who know what to do when MyCic locked?

My account locked from yesterday and I don't know if CIC will review my application or no because of this problem?
what was the reason that your mycic account is locked? and what message did you get?
Did you forgot your security answers or it was just checking daily in routine and the account simply locked?

Lyalya

Nov 11, 2014
I was just doing copy-past of answers and didn't see that I'm missing one later, and I got a message

"your account has been locked, you are no longer able to recover your account online. "

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Lyalya said:
I was just doing copy-past of answers and didn't see that I'm missing one later, and I got a message

"your account has been locked, you are no longer able to recover your account online. "
don't worry account locked doesn't mean that cic will stop working on your application. if you haven't yet get access to your account call cic by phone they will unlock your account.

Lyalya

Nov 11, 2014
Hello ,
Thank you very much for your advice
I called CIC, they transferred me to technical department, and unlocked account.

angela01

Nov 25, 2014
HI
I ran into the same issue here.

I wrote to question@cic.gc.ca, but haven't heard from them since several days back.

Can you share the the phone number you actually called through?

I contacted GCkey support, but it is not their problem.

I also called the CIC number : +1-888-242-2100, but there are only automatically generated messages no matter which number I press.

I am not sure how to proceed?

Thanks in advance !!

Lyalya

Nov 11, 2014
Hi there
you have the right number. the only thing is you have to call regarding to Ontario or Toronto time zone, their work hours are 8.00 am to 4.00 pm.. the hard part is to connect to agent, as soon as you connect they unblock it immediately.
Good Luck

P.S.
the email address that you have will never reply.

Keep calling them by the number you have

acatttt

Jan 13, 2015
which information i need to told them? account username? only username?or more?

Lyalya said:
Hi there
you have the right number. the only thing is you have to call regarding to Ontario or Toronto time zone, their work hours are 8.00 am to 4.00 pm.. the hard part is to connect to agent, as soon as you connect they unblock it immediately.
Good Luck

P.S.
the email address that you have will never reply.

Keep calling them by the number you have

jdshah

Feb 4, 2015
acatttt said:
which information i need to told them? account username? only username?or more?
@acatttt Did CIC help you unlock your account by phone?? I have the same problem and called them but they said that problem will only be solved by email not phone.

Can anybody please give me some suggestion, I have left an email at question @ cic.gc.ca but it seems they won't reply promply.

Lyalya

Nov 11, 2014
Hi there Sorry I just sow your message
maybe it is already unhelpful but
I called them and they unlock my account by phone, the only thing they did they transferred my call to technical help department

ahangar404

Feb 24, 2015
Lyalya said:
Hi there Sorry I just sow your message
maybe it is already unhelpful but
I called them and they unlock my account by phone, the only thing they did they transferred my call to technical help department
hello. i have the same problem. my account is locked. and now i have emails and I'm not able to check my cic account. do you know after finger print which letter may be send to me ? and if i receive the agreement of visa how much time i have to send my passport ?

ssamarth

Jul 23, 2015
I am facing the same problem. Tried using all means but I am still not getting anywhere. I am in US and I locked my MYCIC account by answering all questions incorrectly. I tried linking my existing application to this account and inspite of enteringthe information correctly, it could not find my application. Tried calling +1-613-944-4000 but its supposedly valid only for an application made inside canada. How do I contact the New york office by phone?

Vinod597

Jun 8, 2016
Hi guys.. Mycic account has been locked iam hopeless i need your help ... please help me .... it really helpful to me..

ihaleem9

Aug 11, 2016
Process has changed. They don't unlock via calls. I tried everything for days and days before I figured out what worked. You'll have to fill a web form with your complain.

Search for IRCC web form and fill it with Application Type: Technical difficulties. They unlocked mine in 2 days. You'll receive an email when they unlock.