+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Help Its Urgent: Hide Medical History or Not?

quyhoe

Jun 21, 2013
Hey all,
I am going to join masters program in Canada. I have my medicals on 26th June. My concern is that I have pre-hypertension. But, as soon as I see a doctor my blood pressure shoots up. This is something I cannot control. I wonder whether I can take bp medicine on test day so that bp remains normal? Or it will be detected in tests like urine test etc. and hence may result in rejection?

I need to hide this because after I inform doctor about my condition, he can ask me to get some extra tests done like ecg. Eventually, this may lead to visa delay.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
quyhoe said:
Hey all,
I am going to join masters program in Canada. I have my medicals on 26th June. My concern is that I have pre-hypertension. But, as soon as I see a doctor my blood pressure shoots up. This is something I cannot control. I wonder whether I can take bp medicine on test day so that bp remains normal? Or it will be detected in tests like urine test etc. and hence may result in rejection?

I need to hide this because after I inform doctor about my condition, he can ask me to get some extra tests done like ecg. Eventually, this may lead to visa delay.
dont worry about blood pressure....take ur normal medication as prescribed by the doctor and when u go for medical just mention on the form or to the doctor what medication ur taking...do not hide anything....

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Hypertension can release hormones that are found in urine. I don't know if CIC tests for these though.

I have the same issue with the blood pressure cup. It hurts me, so my blood pressure goes up as soon as I see it. My best advice is to learn some relaxation techniques. Then explain to the doctor you need to use these techniques before they measure your blood pressure. I use the deep breathing techniques.

Instead of taking blood pressure medicine (which takes a while to work), you can also ask the doctor for anti-anxiety medication. I have the same issue with my blood pressure while flying (to the point of becoming ill) and taking Xanax, an anti-anxiety, helps greatly.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Don't worry... try to relax when you see the doctor and mention it on your form. He/she can take your BP at the start, then at the end when you are more relaxed. That's what my DMP did b/c I was so anxious as well.

quyhoe

Jun 21, 2013
SenoritaBella said:
Don't worry... try to relax when you see the doctor and mention it on your form. He/she can take your BP at the start, then at the end when you are more relaxed. That's what my DMP did b/c I was so anxious as well.
amikety said:
Hypertension can release hormones that are found in urine. I don't know if CIC tests for these though.

I have the same issue with the blood pressure cup. It hurts me, so my blood pressure goes up as soon as I see it. My best advice is to learn some relaxation techniques. Then explain to the doctor you need to use these techniques before they measure your blood pressure. I use the deep breathing techniques.

Instead of taking blood pressure medicine (which takes a while to work), you can also ask the doctor for anti-anxiety medication. I have the same issue with my blood pressure while flying (to the point of becoming ill) and taking Xanax, an anti-anxiety, helps greatly.
amikety said:

If I don't take medicine my blood pressure can rise at that time and doctor may advise to go for extra tests resulting in visa delay. This what my primary concern is. And if I take medicine will it be detected in routine tests made by DMP? I simply do not want to disclose anything about bp just to avoid visa delays.

quyhoe

Jun 21, 2013
II do not mean detection of hypertension. I mean detection of blood pressure drug that I will use.