+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP IN FILLING OUT IMM 5481 SPONSORSHIP EVALUTION

myboojones

Dec 8, 2011
hi, im in the process of drafting and filling out forms, my spouse will sponsor me for PR here in Canada. I am confused with no. 4 (it says yourself) does it refer to me or my husband being my sponsor)? and on no.5A current undertaking will just be Me as being sponsored?.I am also trying to put my mother, my sister and my nephew back in Philippines as dependant but they will not accompany me or come here in canada. I wonder where will I put them on 5B. PLEASE HELPPP! This sounds so confusing for me, thank you

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
It is a sponsorship evaluation so that is for your spouse, the sponsor, to fill out.
Yourself is referring to your spouse, the sponsor.
Yes, 5A will be 1, you who are being sponsored.

Your mother, sister, and nephew will not be included in this form. This is about current sponsoring (YOU) and any previous people your spouse may have sponsored (from the sounds of it your spouse has never sponsored anyone else besides now you, so therefore the total at the end of #s 4, 5, and 6 will be 2 (you the applicant and your spouse, the sponsor).

myboojones

Dec 8, 2011
thank you so much for that reply! it was so helpful..now I'm wondering which form will I use to include my mother, sister and nephew as dependant (as they may come to canada in the future but will not accompany me now)...Now i get confused with IMM 008 (generic application form canada) for Box.#3..it asked for How many family members including you are in this application..should I just put myself as 1? or should I say 4 which include myself, mother, sister and nephew? Waiting for your reply, thanks againe

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
I'm really not sure. However, I don't think you're allowed to sponsor your nephew. I don't think you're allowed to sponsor your sister either unless there are specific circumstances, but I don't know what those are.... and I'm pretty sure your mother can't be put as a dependent either in this application. I'm pretty sure dependent refers to spouses and your/your spouses children only, but I could be wrong.
If you were to sponsor your mother I think that goes under the parents/grandparents category and that's closed right now for up to 24 months...
Your going to have to wait for someone with more facts than me to help you out with all this and tell you how you can sponsor these individuals...

Good luck.

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
myboojones said:
thank you so much for that reply! it was so helpful..now I'm wondering which form will I use to include my mother, sister and nephew as dependant (as they may come to canada in the future but will not accompany me now)...Now i get confused with IMM 008 (generic application form canada) for Box.#3..it asked for How many family members including you are in this application..should I just put myself as 1? or should I say 4 which include myself, mother, sister and nephew? Waiting for your reply, thanks againe

@myboojones
In Generic Form #3 I put 1 that's it

beb25

May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2015
AOR Received.
July 20,2015
File Transfer...
Oct.1,2015
Med's Request
October 6,2015
tink23 said:
I'm really not sure. However, I don't think you're allowed to sponsor your nephew. I don't think you're allowed to sponsor your sister either unless there are specific circumstances, but I don't know what those are.... and I'm pretty sure your mother can't be put as a dependent either in this application. I'm pretty sure dependent refers to spouses and your/your spouses children only, but I could be wrong.
If you were to sponsor your mother I think that goes under the parents/grandparents category and that's closed right now for up to 24 months...
Your going to have to wait for someone with more facts than me to help you out with all this and tell you how you can sponsor these individuals...

Good luck.

Hello ther! I just want to know if i need to fill out those page of 2-2 which is the details od fam member and person included in undertakings in effect or not yet in effect from 5bi-6b please help and thank you

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
myboojones said:
If you are the only person that is being sponsored, you enter 1

Your mother, sister and nephew are NOT listed as your dependents because they are NOT your dependents. If they wish to [someday] become a PR of Canada, you will have to sponsor your mother (which would be a few years down the road at least before you could even do that) and she could include your sister in HER application, provided that she was not over 18 then. Your nephew would need to find his own way to come to Canada, unfortunately.

You DO list your mother and your sister (but NOT your nephew) in the Additional Family Information form (IMM5406...maybe?).

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Lol, it's a 2012 post Ponga :p
Shoot me and put me out of my misery.

Actually, I was posting as a reply to a PM I received from beb25 and thought that I was replying to THAT post. UG!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Ponga said:
Shoot me and put me out of my misery.

Actually, I was posting as a reply to a PM I received from beb25 and thought that I was replying to THAT post. UG!
Take a break and go have a drink :D