+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

please help in assessing my requirements

maria01

Aug 27, 2010
Hello to everybody...

I am filipina and planning to apply for a tourist visa going to Canada, i have a family friend that invited me to visit them in Canada, and they already sent me the invitation letter. but i am afraid that my application might be denied. Here are my requirements, I am 39 year old, single mom to a 17 year old, i do have my own small home, but no title because we live in one compound with my family, i have my own small business, and i do have my 2 bank accounts (one bank account runs for 4 years and the other one runs for 1 and half year now), That is all i have. what are my chances that my application will be approved. Any feed back to my post will be highly appreciated. Thank you..

maxvol

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
One of the key things they look for is whether you have enough money to support yourself when you are visiting and also do you have strong ties to go back to the Phillipines should you decide to visit Canada

maria01

Aug 27, 2010
How much is the money I should have in the bank, so they will know that i can support myself when i visit canada, any amount bracket?

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
maria01 said:
How much is the money I should have in the bank, so they will know that i can support myself when i visit canada, any amount bracket?
If your friend who is inviting you to Canada can give you an affidavit of support, meaning she will clearly state in the affidavit that he/she will shoulder all your expenses while you are in Canada, then it must be fine. If you will go for this option, then your friend must give you her bank statement with the transactions for the past 6 months, and submit this bank statement as an attachment to yur visit visa application.
If your son is not coming with you to Canada and you can establish that he is dependent of you, then this must be enough reason tie that will convince the visa officer that you will not leave Canada after your visit. Together with a cover letter, show the birth records of your son. Show also some proof of your business and properties in the Philippines.

maria01

Aug 27, 2010
Thank you for the reply, some how i have peace of mind now.

My son is in second year college right now, and he has 3 more years before he finished his college, and my son is not coming with me when i visit Canada, I will attach his birth certificate in my application. And my friend stated in his invitation letter that he will shoulder all the expenses while i am in Canada. i will attach also my business permit and tax, but i do not have properties that i can show to them, i have my own house but no title because the land where my house is situated owned by our family, not only myself.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
maria01 said:
Thank you for the reply, some how i have peace of mind now.

My son is in second year college right now, and he has 3 more years before he finished his college, and my son is not coming with me when i visit Canada, I will attach his birth certificate in my application. And my friend stated in his invitation letter that he will shoulder all the expenses while i am in Canada. i will attach also my business permit and tax, but i do not have properties that i can show to them, i have my own house but no title because the land where my house is situated owned by our family, not only myself.
It is ok if you cannot show any ownership of property in the Philippines, though it can somehow help to strengthen your chance of getting the approval. Your parents too especially if they depend on you are also a good tie back home. Anyway, the information about your immediate relatives who are not travelling with you to Canada will be reflected on the visa application form. Good Luck on your application.