+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP! Got a new passport and my PGWP is linked to my old one

antoromeo18

Dec 13, 2023
Hi, I am the similar situation as yours, I renewed my passport during waiting for the work permit extension, now got approval of new work permit with old passport number, I have not received my new passport. so could you please share your next step? will the work permit still valid? Thank you.
Yes work permit will be valid. You can use new passport for stamping.

antoromeo18

Dec 13, 2023
Thanks for your prompt reply:) for stamping, need to fill some forms? what is the procedure?
You have to apply again in gckey account, fill all the questionnaire, in the end it will give 2 optiosn, select TRV this time. You have to apply alone only for you. If you have dependants then use different account and apply for them.

Tracy-cheers

Apr 8, 2023
Toronto
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
Aug 16,2022
AOR Received.
Aug15,2022
You have to apply again in gckey account, fill all the questionnaire, in the end it will give 2 optiosn, select TRV this time. You have to apply alone only for you. If you have dependants then use different account and apply for them.
Great, appreciate your help.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hi, I am the similar situation as yours, I renewed my passport during waiting for the work permit extension, now got approval of new work permit with old passport number, I have not received my new passport. so could you please share your next step? will the work permit still valid? Thank you.
Your work permit remains valid regardless of passport.

Tracy-cheers

Apr 8, 2023
Toronto
Category........
Other
Doc's Request.
Aug 16,2022
AOR Received.
Aug15,2022
Your work permit remains valid regardless of passport.
Thank you, so that means there is no actions I need to do.? The tricky problem is IRCC only give me 3 month extension ,till Dec 21, 2024, under the public policy for TR to PR applicants. I have no idea what if my case will not finalized by the end of year.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Thank you, so that means there is no actions I need to do.? The tricky problem is IRCC only give me 3 month extension ,till Dec 21, 2024, under the public policy for TR to PR applicants. I have no idea what if my case will not finalized by the end of year.
TRV is a document in the form of sticker which is pasted on your passport. This allows you to enter/re-enter Canada depending on the type. It's issued based on your status but you don't necessarily have to renew it if you don't plan on leaving Canada during that period.

The extension of your work permit is a different issue altogether.