+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PLEASE HELP A CANADIAN GIRL!! GIVE ME THE RIGHT ANSWERS!!!

MargoS

Oct 25, 2012
Hello Everyone,

This is my first time on the site and I am so excited that I found it....I have a question.

I am a Canadian citizen living in Greece for the past 7 years taking care of my grandmother. She has recently pasted away and now I want to move back to Canada.
For the past 7 years my husband (Greek Citizen) has been supporting me 100% financially (Director of Sales Pepsi). I have no record of income in Canada or here in Greece for the past 7 years. I do though have a job, house, and investment savings(sent from my husband's account) waiting for us in Canada.
We are in the process of filing our Sponsorship Applications and came across the "Financial Evaluation" and the Income Tax Return/Option C print out. I was told that until I move to Canada permanately there is not point in filing my income tax and that I have to be in the country to sign for it anyways, so I haven't filed yet. Is this true?
Also, how do I go about explaining my financial situation for the past 7 years in the application? I can prove I have a job, house, support from my parents, and our investment savings waiting for us in Canada...plus my husband has studied in England and has been working for the past 20 years in Multi-international companies(finished University/Maters with Distingtion)....he would to able to support me in Canada :) BUT how do I go about explaining this in our application?
I don't want you to think I am bragging about my husband, I just want you to have a clear idea of my situation here and how easy it will be for him to settle into Canada ;D
PLEASE GET BACK TO ME...I NEED THE RIGHT ANSWERS!!!
THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE :)

MargoS

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
Welcome to the forum!

First of all, and you'll notice as you read other threads, there is no financial requirement to sponsor your spouse. Secondly, you did a fine job of explaining your situation here . . . simply do the same on your application i.e. including the proof about having a job and a house waiting for you in Canada. For sure you'll have more questions, all to do now is to get started on the application - don't rush it together mind you, simply get started organizing everything.

nanapush

Oct 31, 2008
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTOWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1-06-2008
Doc's Request.
25-11-2011
File Transfer...
19-04-2012
Med's Request
06-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2012
LANDED..........
will land on 5th Feb
MargoS said:
Hello Everyone,

This is my first time on the site and I am so excited that I found it....I have a question.

I am a Canadian citizen living in Greece for the past 7 years taking care of my grandmother. She has recently pasted away and now I want to move back to Canada.
For the past 7 years my husband (Greek Citizen) has been supporting me 100% financially (Director of Sales Pepsi). I have no record of income in Canada or here in Greece for the past 7 years. I do though have a job, house, and investment savings(sent from my husband's account) waiting for us in Canada.
We are in the process of filing our Sponsorship Applications and came across the "Financial Evaluation" and the Income Tax Return/Option C print out. I was told that until I move to Canada permanately there is not point in filing my income tax and that I have to be in the country to sign for it anyways, so I haven't filed yet. Is this true?
Also, how do I go about explaining my financial situation for the past 7 years in the application? I can prove I have a job, house, support from my parents, and our investment savings waiting for us in Canada...plus my husband has studied in England and has been working for the past 20 years in Multi-international companies(finished University/Maters with Distingtion)....he would to able to support me in Canada :) BUT how do I go about explaining this in our application?
I don't want you to think I am bragging about my husband, I just want you to have a clear idea of my situation here and how easy it will be for him to settle into Canada ;D
PLEASE GET BACK TO ME...I NEED THE RIGHT ANSWERS!!!
THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE :)

MargoS

I would also suggest you check out the topic on this forum SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP started by Leon. The opening post has lots of good advice on how to get started and what to look out for. I also saw in another topic(maybe the same one )a post from someone in exactly how to put together and send the application.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
You don't need a job or any income to sponsor a spouse. They do want Copy C of your tax return: but if you don't have one, just write a letter explaining why.
The visa officer does want to see that the couple can support themselves in Canada. So you don't need an income, but if you don't have one you should write a plan detailing what the two of you will do in Canada. You could state your situation as you have here, then attach proof of home ownership, a letter from relatives stating they will help you when you first arrive, proof of money in the bank and investments, etc.

MissDominica

Champion Member
May 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
(13-08-2012) 21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
(28-11-2012)
File Transfer...
(22-10-2012) 10-10-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
(30-05-2012)
Interview........
(24-10-2013)
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2014
LANDED..........
05-12-2014
Also, if you plan on staying in Greece while applying outland for your husband, you must check the box on the application that says you are living "exclusively outside of Canada" (ie. if you are still in Greece when you send the application, even if you plan on returning) and then you have to prove that you will return to Canada in order to be able to sponsor.

I suggest getting a letter from this future job you have in Canada and proof of any other ties that you will return and sending them in the application. Also send a letter about HOW you plan to return as soon as your husband receives PR (ie. your secured job, house, income for the two of you until he finds a job, etc). Usually that is enough to be approved as a sponsor living outside of Canada.

As the poster above said, explain your financial agreement with your hubby for the last 7 years and therefore why you do not have an Option C available. This is usually ok as well.

Good luck!