theratulz

Jan 14, 2013
Dhaka
Visa Office......
VFS - Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
February 2nd, 2013; Overall: 7; Listening: 7.5; Reading: 7.5; Speaking: 7; Writing: 6.5
Hey,

I'm currently staying in Toronto with a visitor's visa, but I have enrolled myself in a 1 year long project management degree program. As far as CIC is concerned, I need to leave the country and apply for a study permit in this regard.

However, I'm from Bangladesh and given my current financial condition (after tuition fees and everything), I' can't afford to leave the country, wait for my student visa/study permit to be processed and return. Is there a way I can apply from here for a year long study permit. Is there any way around this?

Thanks, please help.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
don't think so.

as far as i know, you cannot change your status (visitor to student or vice versa) from within canada.

There is one workaround (although it normally works for PR applications but might be worth looking into) is that if you have been allowed in canada for a year as a temporary resident, you can apply through the US using your canada address.

But i'm not sure that would work. You can ask an immigration expert/ professional but im pretty sure you would have to go back to your country of residence and apply from there.

theratulz

Jan 14, 2013
Dhaka
Visa Office......
VFS - Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
February 2nd, 2013; Overall: 7; Listening: 7.5; Reading: 7.5; Speaking: 7; Writing: 6.5
I haven't been here for over a year, it's been 4 months only...Is there anything I can do? Like sending my documents over to my country to be processed there...this way, I'll need to send over my passport as well which is a horrible idea. Any guide regarding this would be helpful.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can't apply to an office in Canada. You have to apply through the visa office responsible for processing applications for your home country.

theratulz

Jan 14, 2013
Dhaka
Visa Office......
VFS - Dhaka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
scylla said:
You can't apply to an office in Canada. You have to apply through the visa office responsible for processing applications for your home country.
Thanks for the information. This means, I can't even go to the US for a few days and process my permit from there?