File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
Hi, I would like to have your advices about my case. I have PhD of medical science in immunology with 3-4 years of experience. I am looking for immigrating to Canada but I don't know exactly if I have enough criteria for immigration and which occupational section I should apply for ( which code). I can speak both French and English so I think Quebec immigration or federation program should be fine if my case is acceptable. Please give me some advices please, so that I can have my plan for my future . Thank you very much. Your help is always highly appreciated.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
try for FSWP if you are in the 24 NOC, check this 24 NOC code and match the duties given for the same, if you have 70% matching duty with your current duty than you can apply in that NOC
yes Quebec is also better option
Ref http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
for NOC list

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with app filed, app recieved 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
IELTS band 6.0, TEF B1/B2 sent with app filed
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
Thank you for your advice, Vats. I examine the NOC list in details. For me, my duty is basically doing research in immunology and performing many pathological techniques (Histology and Autopsy) are some of my vast duty. I am concerning if I can apply for NOC "pathologist assistant" or NOC "medical laboratory technologist" with my Ph.D of medical science because my jobs is related to performing techniques like immunologist technician, too. Would you please give me much more fruitful advice in details. Your help is always highly appreciated.

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
I have no knowledge of your field of work, so you need to establish that out of the 24 NOC does your role feets in any,
for that you start with NOC name, take probable matching NOC form that 24 (ofcourse some are like 2131 civil engg, never match)
than try to do finar check

Geek-Freak

Jul 16, 2013
bsrogen said:
Thank you for your advice, Vats. I examine the NOC list in details. For me, my duty is basically doing research in immunology and performing many pathological techniques (Histology and Autopsy) are some of my vast duty. I am concerning if I can apply for NOC "pathologist assistant" or NOC "medical laboratory technologist" with my Ph.D of medical science because my jobs is related to performing techniques like immunologist technician, too. Would you please give me much more fruitful advice in details. Your help is always highly appreciated.
Quebec is going under reforms, 31 July is the last date for applying under present criteria. so if you are inclined towards Quebec, then you should hurry up.

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
bsrogen said:
Hello bsrogen

Check the following links of HRSD Canada website for detail regarding the NOCs which might be applicable to you. As Vats said which ever out of the 2 matches upto 70% with your current job description that NOC is the one for you.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=3211
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=3212

With a PhD in hand I say perhaps 3211 might be for you. But you can make a better judgement as you are from the field.

Regards

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
Thank you very much, Vats,Geek-Freak and ESZB.
ESZB, I think you are right about my field and I also think the NOC code 3211 is appropriated to my choice of immigration. Another problem is that my job title in my contract is just "research associate" (R.A) and in the contract there is no specific details of what I am doing now in my laboratory. Do you think if it is better to have some kind of paper about job description which is signed by my professor or the dean of my university. Is there anyone who has the same problem and anyone who has experience, please give me some fruitful advice. Your help is always highly appreciated.

Regards,

Geek-Freak: By the way, I am also waiting for new Quebec immigration reform because it is impossible to prepare all my documents submitted before the end of July. I have B2 of french speaking so maybe I still gain points with the new language rules which will be effective from 1 Aug. Now, I am looking forward to the new occupation list of Quebec. (like butterflies in the stomach ...)

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
bsrogen said:
ESZB, I think you are right about my field and I also think the NOC code 3211 is appropriated to my choice of immigration. Another problem is that my job title in my contract is just "research associate" (R.A) and in the contract there is no specific details of what I am doing now in my laboratory. Do you think if it is better to have some kind of paper about job description which is signed by my professor or the dean of my university. Is there anyone who has the same problem and anyone who has experience, please give me some fruitful advice. Your help is always highly appreciated.

Regards,

Geek-Freak: By the way, I am also waiting for new Quebec immigration reform because it is impossible to prepare all my documents submitted before the end of July. I have B2 of french speaking so maybe I still gain points with the new language rules which will be effective from 1 Aug. Now, I am looking forward to the new occupation list of Quebec. (like butterflies in the stomach ...)
Job Title is not much important but job duties are must.
you need job desctiption letter to show CIC that your duties are matching in the NOC you are applying for

ESZB

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
June 2013
IELTS Request
Granted (8.0)
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
Yep!
LANDED..........
bsrogen said:

Regards,
Well not just a paper. You are going to require a reference letter from your supervisor on an official letterhead and mention of job duties is absolutely essential.

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
Thank you very much Vats, ESZB.
According to your advice, the diploma is not so important for immigration submission because it is not the criterion of elimination. But the occupation is definitely mandatory because the occupation must be in the 24 eligible code list of federation program. To resume, no matter what diploma I have but if I have experience of 24 eligible occupation list, it is possible for me to summit for federation program.For my case, the Job Description with letterhead is definitely critical. Please give me much more advice. All your help is always highly appreciated.