+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please can you help me

HI There

May 1, 2014
Hi every one,

My work permit is gonna expire by 1 st nov, I am planning to apply for Implied status can you please send me link or the documents i got to fill in and should i submit paper application.

2) when should i apply for restoration status?

I really appreciate your help in advance.

Thank you,
Sri

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your question is confusing. It is not possible to apply for implied status - no such application exists. Can you provide more details? Have you applied for PR yet? If so, through which program and do you have AOR yet?

HI There

May 1, 2014
Hi Scylla,

No i did not apply for my PR i am going to apply in mid of Nov as i got language test on 8 Nov. In between my work permit is gonna expire by 1st of nov so i would like to go under implied statues but i am not sure how can i get that implied status. What Documents i got fill in and send a paper application.

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
Do you have LMIA? ?If not, I think as long as you apply for a new work permit, you have implied status. But it won't last long, since you have no provincial nomination and didn't submit your Pr application. It's just the matter of days or weeks before your application gets rejected. It's no way that you can get your PR before end of this year, too. You may consider apply for visitor visa to stay in Canada.

remiiade

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
HI There said:
Hi every one,

My work permit is gonna expire by 1 st nov, I am planning to apply for Implied status can you please send me link or the documents i got to fill in and should i submit paper application.

Thank you,
Sri

Check out these links:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=188&t=17

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=189&t=17

I just called CIC and the processing time for extending work permits through paper application is 61 days. How implied status works is that you apply to extend your work permit (keep prove of application) before Nov 1 (in your case). Once you have applied you will be under "implied status" and will be able to keep working until CIC either approves or rejects your application.

That's my 2 cents and I hope it helps! If I have put in any wrong information I hope our senior members will be able to jump in with their expertise.

shyamDadi

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-03-2014
Nomination.....
25-03-2014
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
29-04-2014
Med's Request
06-05-2014
Med's Done....
07-05-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-02-2015
LANDED..........
28-02-2015
HI There said:
Hi every one,

Thank you,
Sri
Hi,

If your work permit is going to expire and If you are planning to get implied status, make sure you apply using paper application and use tracking enabled shipping method to prove that you have applied for extension before your expire date.

If you do not have PNP supportive letter or LMIA, it will reject by CIC. But then you will have another 90 days to remain in Canada and restore your status. Do not wait until end of this restoration period. If you didn't receive any supportive document to restore your status as a worker, you must apply for visitor visa(this must be the best option) or you have to leave the country.

Good luck!

fzlhmt

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2014
Nomination.....
06/10/2014
AOR Received.
24/03/2015
Med's Request
03/04/2015
Med's Done....
02/02/2015
Interview........
RPRF- 24 June 2015
Passport Req..
20 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Inland
Send in a filled application to extend your work permit. Make sure you mail it. And send an explanation letter stating that you will send in your LMIA as soon as you get it. Send this before your work permit expires.

After you mail it you have 50 to 60 days until they process your application. Try to get a LMIA in that period. If you get one you can call CIC and give them the LMIA number and they will update your file.
In case you did not get a LMIA within the processing period they will send you a letter stating that you have 90 days to apply for restoration with a LMIA or you will have to leave the country.

So that is how its done according to my knowledge. Hope you get your papers soon

HI There

May 1, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for your prompt response and i will be sending out my paper application for work permit extension by end of this week so that i can borrow some time to stay and work. I just wanted to stay in Canada legally till end of December and i will moving out of the country once i apply for my PR under CEC.

One Finally question: after i get rejection for CIC on my work permit extension then i should apply for status restoration and Visitor visa right.

Thank you,
Sri

fzlhmt

Star Member
Sep 18, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2014
Nomination.....
06/10/2014
AOR Received.
24/03/2015
Med's Request
03/04/2015
Med's Done....
02/02/2015
Interview........
RPRF- 24 June 2015
Passport Req..
20 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Inland
HI There said:
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for your prompt response and i will be sending out my paper application for work permit extension by end of this week so that i can borrow some time to stay and work. I just wanted to stay in Canada legally till end of December and i will moving out of the country once i apply for my PR under CEC.

One Finally question: after i get rejection for CIC on my work permit extension then i should apply for status restoration and Visitor visa right.

Thank you,
Sri
Yes