waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Hi all,
I am an international student doing PhD here in Canada with University Scholarship. I applied visa for my family (wife and 2 kids) together with my application and their visas were denied saying that--Length of Visit, Travel history, personal assets and financial status and also anothe one point related to finance. I had all my property valuation of about 160000 CAD, share certificate of about 20000, Bank certificate of 32000 (though it was last hour deposit). Next time after one month I applied again and I included everything from first application and one additional document of sponsorship certificate from my brother in law who is in USA has a permanent job and he provided a letter of financial support of 7000 CAD per year. Again the visa were rejected in second attempt also. and the reason of rejection in second attempt also remained same as in the first application.

From these 2 experiences, I am guessing that main reason of rejection is still finance as other reasons are not that strong. And my funding in Canada is not enough to meet the financial standard set by immigration officer (1000+4000+2*3000+tuition) which comes to be around 25000 to meet the expenses of family and tuition and my funding is 19000 per year. Going through my situation, what do u guys think about the main reason of rejection?? Is it financial?? Though reason could be home tie..as I am planning to bring my wife and kids but they have not pointed home tie. As I had Bank balance of 32000 CAD financial should not be the problem but my balance was last hour deposit so I suspect that they didnt trust my bank certificate.

Now I work as RAship and make additional 7 thousand per year and now I have total income of 26000, what do you guys think the chances of visa for my family now??. I am thinking to apply again with the proof of my additional documents together with all other documents I submitted earlier. Please suggest me guys..I am really in need of genuine suggestion from seniors and experts.

AAL1984

Nov 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
LANDED..........
Nov 2012
In my opinion it's not the finances which are causing a rejection, you seem to have a good amount of funds.

I think the main problem is they think your wife and kids will not go back, as it is very difficult for people to be separated from their spouse and kids. Their worried your family will not leave Canada, and your kids will got to school here etc..

You can apply again if you want, but they'll probably reject you. From what I've seen it is very difficult for people on student visas to bring their spouse and kids over.

Their thinking is that if a person misses their spouse and kids so much, why not just go visit them in their own country. By trying to bring them here you raise alarm bells which indicate that neither party plans to return to their homeland. Remember family ties is one of the reasons they give people student visas in the first place, ie showing your spouse and kids will stay behind.

gagan d

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-11-2013
AOR Received.
16-12-2013
Med's Request
16-05-2014
Passport Req..
23-10-2014
yes they never give trv to spouse.. that's why me and my wife both applied for the student visa..now hopefully one will convert his/her visa into open work permit.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That policy of spouse thing will soon be a thing of the past for its becoming tighter and tighter every bit of the way.Many pple have complained not having succeeded.I think its a policy in writing and not in real time application.

I shall consult with some friend attached to RCMP to find out better ways.Whatever i find out i shall post next week on Monday

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
AAL1984 said:
In my opinion it's not the finances which are causing a rejection, you seem to have a good amount of funds.

I think the main problem is they think your wife and kids will not go back, as it is very difficult for people to be separated from their spouse and kids. Their worried your family will not leave Canada, and your kids will got to school here etc..
100% agree. Your finances are not the problem.

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know of one guy who came from Africa whose family was very rich.He showed all property documents that could be wanted to have his family come over but he was denied.He cleared his PHD and want back home and thats why am saying this spouse thing is quickly coming a thing of the past.

Spouse visa,practically now -no way

Anyway i shall post whatever i find out

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Hi AAL1984,
Thanks for the suggestion. I also think that the reason should be the home tie but why dont they point out the home tie as one of reason for rejection. and I had applied their visa for the whole duration of my Phd not a short term visit visa. In that case they should give home tie as one of the reasons. I was thinking that as my bank balance was last hour deposit and I didnt have enough income in Canada, finance was the main reason. If they dont give visa even if I have property back home in my name, I have enough fund to carry out expenses of my family in Canada and I am in good academic standing here in the University, what else they look to grant spouse visa. I think now they should clearly says that spouse cant accompany husband in Canada. Thanks again, I expect more advice and experiences from other people as well.

AAL1984 said:

You can apply again if you want, but they'll probably reject you. From what I've seen it is very difficult for people on student visas to bring their spouse and kids over.

Their thinking is that if a person misses their spouse and kids so much, why not just go visit them in their own country. By trying to bring them here you raise alarm bells which indicate that neither party plans to return to their homeland. Remember family ties is one of the reasons they give people student visas in the first place, ie showing your spouse and kids will stay behind.

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Thanks Habil for ur time and advice. I did not know the visa process to Canada is that frustrating. I along with my wife and kids already have travel history, I did my master from Australia in government Scholarship and my family accompanied me to Australia for whole two years duration and still they give one of the reason of rejection, travel history. I think this kind of thing is really a cheating..they should either give spouse visa (if the conditions are met) or just clearly say that spouse visa is closed for Canada. I am really frustrated..spouse visa is not that difficult in other countries (propable all other countries except canada). I dont understand ..why they do like this..Graduate students are eligible even for PR after their graduation and they denied visa thinking that we wont go back..this is a huge contradiction...Anyway..thanka and I hope u find additional information and keep posting ...

Habil said:
That policy of spouse thing will soon be a thing of the past for its becoming tighter and tighter every bit of the way.Many pple have complained not having succeeded.I think its a policy in writing and not in real time application.

I shall consult with some friend attached to RCMP to find out better ways.Whatever i find out i shall post next week on Monday

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I agree with Scylla. Not a question of finance, but looks more of two main issues;

1. Failed to satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin;

2. Failed to satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit;

CIC is under NO obligation to provide you the exact reason of refusal. Here we have millionaires (aspiring study permit) with refusal letter in hand. Probably, you are focusing more on meeting 'minimum requirement', thn on making a profile. And the 'so called experience' is not that much frustrating.

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Thanks enfield, Now I realized that I was totally wrong of thinking finance was the problem. But out of 2 reasons you gave, the first one should not be the problem, I was working back home and I attached letter from employer and also leave approval for the duration of my study.

I guess the for the second reason, I dont know how can I prove this..probably no one can exactly say how to convience visa officer for this reason. I think this conclusion is the conclusion of all other

enfield said:
Hi,

I agree with Scylla. Not a question of finance, but looks more of two main issues;

1. Failed to satisfy an immigration officer that you have ties, such as a job, home and family, that will take you back to your country of origin;

2. Failed to satisfy an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit;

CIC is under NO obligation to provide you the exact reason of refusal. Here we have millionaires (aspiring study permit) with refusal letter in hand. Probably, you are focusing more on meeting 'minimum requirement', thn on making a profile. And the 'so called experience' is not that much frustrating.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Willbeat said:
But out of 2 reasons you gave, the first one should not be the problem, I was working back home and I attached letter from employer and also leave approval for the duration of my study.
Hi,

You need to work on your spouse profile, not of yours.

Willbeat

Star Member
Jul 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Other than 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-10-2013
Nomination.....
6-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
6-01-2014
Med's Request
10-09-2014
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2014
LANDED..........
28-10-2014
Thanks enfield..

enfield said:
Hi,

You need to work on your spouse profile, not of yours.

vark

Sep 21, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
4163 & 2172
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2014 reached 01-Oct2014
Doc's Request.
14-03-2016
AOR Received.
10-02-2015
IELTS Request
Med's Request
26-04-2016
Med's Done....
29-04-2016
Interview........
RPRF Req: 27April & Paid 04May
Passport Req..
06 Jun 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Stamped 10-Jun-2016 Received back 14-Jun-2016
Hi,
Hey Enfield, do u have any idea about how much money the spouse has to show in order to apply for a dependent visa or a visitors visa or a trv?
(when she is applying alone to join Spouse in canada)

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vark said:
Hi,
Hey Enfield, do u have any idea about how much money the spouse has to show in order to apply for a dependent visa or a visitors visa or a trv?
(when she is applying alone to join Spouse in canada)
Hi,

1. In case of an accompanying spouse along with the principal applicant (must complete and sign their own application for TRV), you need to show CAD 10,000 (CAD 8,000 for Indian nationals) + CAD 4,000.

2. In case a spouse (India) applying for a visitor visa, the required amount will depend upon the circumstances of the visit, i.e., how long and where your spouse will stay. Still, you need to show;

-ITR (last 2 years)
-and/or bank statement (last 3 months),
-salary statements (proof of employment)
-financial papers of the inviter like proof of employment, bank statement, tax details.