+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Please Advice :- Work Permit application after PNP.

Mit1879

Dec 30, 2015
Hi Guys!

NEED YOUR HELP PLEASE!

I have made work permit application after approval of PNP application.
Instead of going to Niagara border I did online application - now my lawyer made a mistake, instead of India she selected Iceland in citizenship section.

By the time I noticed, application was submitted.

What can be done now ?? They are telling they have submitted passport copies along with other documents but though I was concerned what are the consequence??
Lawyers are telling it should be OK as they have submitted passport copies.

Please advice!

SCC

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-12-2016
If you have a UCI number, you can raise a Case Specific Inquiry here:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

That will help.. I made a mistake on my forms once and selected wrong sex.. They were nice enough to fix it.. :) :)

Mit1879

Dec 30, 2015
SCC said:
If you have a UCI number, you can raise a Case Specific Inquiry here:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

That will help.. I made a mistake on my forms once and selected wrong sex.. They were nice enough to fix it.. :) :)
Hi SCC
Thank you so much for the info,
so in my case(work permit app) if I fill out this form how long they will take to response me and notify me regarding the same?? In your case did they sent you an email that your request as been updated into their system and they will process it??

I am so tensed it's a silly mistake but I am concenred. I told my lawyer you almost spoiled my christmas break.

SCC

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-12-2016
Mit1879 said:
Hi SCC
Thank you so much for the info,
so in my case(work permit app) if I fill out this form how long they will take to response me and notify me regarding the same?? In your case did they sent you an email that your request as been updated into their system and they will process it??

I am so tensed it's a silly mistake but I am concenred. I told my lawyer you almost spoiled my christmas break.
Mistakes do happen and it's not the end of the world. Even the VO can see that it's a typo when you are sending the Indian passport copy and selecting the citizenship as Iceland and alphabetically both the countries happen to be next to each other.
Send them the query and you will be fine!!