+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning to apply in Saskatchewan..in 2013

tejash

Mar 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends & Seniors Members,

I need your argent help, i am from India and i am planing to apply HR course in Saskatchewan by end of 2013. Below mentioned is my case.

B.Com in 2003 from Gujarat University
From 2003 to 2006 worked as a HR assistant in India.
From 2007 to 2009 was in UK on Student Visa (Course- Advance Diploma in Finance & Accounting )
When i was applied College was Okay but after 2009 UKBA closed my College so my UK Study is not recognized.
Now i am engaged with HR Profession from 2010 to till date with different organization.

Questions:

1) I am eligible for Student Visa in Saskatchewan?
2) My UK history will affect to get Canada Student Visa?
3) What is overall cost of Student Visa in Saskatchewan?
3) How many chances to get Saskatchewan Student visa?

Friends & Senior members please guide me towards right direction....

Thanks in advance...

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
wahaguru manu v DATE pan da moka da..
hi tajash,
1st thing bro there is no sask. Study visa it is only canada visa. And go to website of u of sask. And u of regina. Only 2 uni in sask. And apply quickly deadline is near.

tejash

Mar 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Sandhuboy...

But one of the Consultant told me that you are not eligible for Canada Student Visa as your previous history is not good and your Age is too high for Canada Student Visa...

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
tejash said:
Thanks Sandhuboy...

But one of the Consultant told me that you are not eligible for Canada Student Visa as your previous history is not good and your Age is too high for Canada Student Visa...
bro u age is fine for masters go for mba and get good gate marks and gre scoure. And get ur addmission in good university .and apply ur self not go for any agent. And bro u got any degree from uk or did not get any thing and main thing make very strong SOP.

tejash

Mar 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandhuboy said:
bro u age is fine for masters go for mba and get good gate marks and gre scoure. And get ur addmission in good university .and apply ur self not go for any agent. And bro u got any degree from uk or did not get any thing and main thing make very strong SOP.
Thanks Sandhuboy,

Can you please provide some more info....

We should go for College or University?
What is the easiest way to get PR after study?
We should go for which territory? (I heard SINP is the best program to get PR after study)
Can we bring student dependent or spouse in Canada?
Can you please put some more info about master's fees, eligibility and fund requirements.

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
tejash said:
Thanks Sandhuboy,

Can you please provide some more info....

We should go for College or University?
What is the easiest way to get PR after study?
We should go for which territory? (I heard SINP is the best program to get PR after study)
Can we bring student dependent or spouse in Canada?
Can you please put some more info about master's fees, eligibility and fund requirements.
1. no dough Universtiy.....
2. DO masters in sask. and get PR without Work exp.
3.it is up to u. sask and alberta is best in canada.
4.i would say first apply alone after reaching ur spouse apply after that safe way .
5.GO to webite of U of Regina and U of sask. tution fee r low comaring to some college.

saadengg43

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
Dear All,

I have completed my 4 year graduation in BE-Electrical Engineering from NED University of Engineering and Technology Karachi Pakistan.
Now I am looking forward to take an admission and study M.Engg in Electrical and Computer Engineering in University of Saskatchewan for Winter 2014 (Jan Semester).
I Want to ask that UoSask require 6.5 bands overall(6.5 in each module minimum)
but i get 6.5(L) 6.5(S) 6(R) 6(W)
Will I get the admission in UoSask?

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
saadengg43 said:
Dear All,

I have completed my 4 year graduation in BE-Electrical Engineering from NED University of Engineering and Technology Karachi Pakistan.
Now I am looking forward to take an admission and study M.Engg in Electrical and Computer Engineering in University of Saskatchewan for Winter 2014 (Jan Semester).
I Want to ask that UoSask require 6.5 bands overall(6.5 in each module minimum)
but i get 6.5(L) 6.5(S) 6(R) 6(W)
Will I get the admission in UoSask?
go for it IElts is fine.

tiger007

Champion Member
tejash said:
i am from India and i am planing to apply HR course in Saskatchewan by end of 2013. Below mentioned is my case.

B.Com in 2003 from Gujarat University
From 2003 to 2006 worked as a HR assistant in India.
From 2007 to 2009 was in UK on Student Visa (Course- Advance Diploma in Finance & Accounting )
When i was applied College was Okay but after 2009 UKBA closed my College so my UK Study is not recognized.
Now i am engaged with HR Profession from 2010 to till date with different organization.

Questions:

1) I am eligible for Student Visa in Saskatchewan?
2) My UK history will affect to get Canada Student Visa?
3) What is overall cost of Student Visa in Saskatchewan?
3) How many chances to get Saskatchewan Student visa?

Hi,

1. 3. and 3. Canadian Study permit (student visa) allows you to study anywhere in Canada, not just Saskatchewan. To study in Sask. province (or in any other province), you 1st have to take admission in an appropriate course in Saskatchewan based educational institute or in some other province (later you can change to a course in Sask or continue studies in other province and move to Sask. for work) and then apply for a Canadian study permit (to be approved by the CHC in India). Once approved, you can go to Sask./other province.
Cost of tuition fees, living expenses(usually 10,000$/year) and passage money differs depending upon particular educational institute and province.

Here's the list of all recognized educational institutes in Canada participating under OCWP+PGWP, listed province wise:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

CHC tries to issue visa only genuine students showing enough ties to one's home country... then getting a visa should not be a problem. This can be done be 1st having good academic marks(especially in last major degree studied). Next obviously comes proper course section..preferable a higher level or similar leveled course and in own area of study/work ex, and you should be able to justify as to how this course relates and will be beneficial. You may submit 1 page short SOP with their general application or directly apply for a higher level course like PG certificate in HR,in an Ontario based college. 3rd important factor is your proof of funds..how well you can show.. that you can afford your tuition fees + living expenses+return airfare for the 1st year of studies. Finally they also prefer applicants who have stronger language skills, and having higher IELTS score(7.0 or above) will definitely be in your favor, making application stronger.

To know more about applying for a Canadian study permit:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp

Checklists:
http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/study_permit_20-09-2012.pdf
http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Student_Partners_Program_09022013.pdf

So, it will highly be reccomended, given your profile, to apply for a higher level PG course in HR. Most PG certificate business (including HR) are offered by Ontario based colleges. For example, HR with co-op PG certificate programme is offered by GBC, Toronto:
http://www.georgebrown.ca/B408-2013-2014/

2. It should not be a issue as long as you explain clearly what happened in UK in a short SOP.

Best of Luck

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too

tejash

Mar 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Sandhuboy & tiger007,

Still i am confuse and worried about age criteria and study gap, many people told me that CIC is strict on age and study gap criteria specially for those (Fake Colleges) student who returned to UK...... :(

Regards
tejash

tiger007

Champion Member
tejash said:
Still i am confuse and worried about age criteria and study gap, many people told me that CIC is strict on age and study gap criteria specially for those (Fake Colleges) student who returned to UK...... :(
Hi,

Don't always "listen" to what people say and get unnecessarily worried. As long as you follow the steps to prove yourself as a genuine student and show enough ties to your home country, you will be fine.

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too

tejash

Mar 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tiger007 said:
Hi,

Don't always "listen" to what people say and get unnecessarily worried. As long as you follow the steps to prove yourself as a genuine student and show enough ties to your home country, you will be fine.

Thanks Brooooo...... :)

COLLEGE George Brown College
PROGRAM Human Resources Management Program (Postgraduate)
CODE B408
SCHOOL School of Business
LOCATION St. James Campus
DURATION 12 months (2 semesters of in-class study, 1 co-op work term)
STARTING MONTH September, January, May
CERTIFICATION Ontario College Graduate Certificate
YEAR OF STUDY 2013-2014
METHOD OF STUDY FT

Hey Bro, After study i am eligible for work permit and PR?

sandhuboy

Aug 26, 2012
Chandigarh
Category........
Visa Office......
CHANDIGARH
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013
Doc's Request.
16-04-2013
Med's Request
Waived
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08/05/2013
LANDED..........
tejash said:

CODE B408
YEAR OF STUDY 2013-2014
METHOD OF STUDY FT

chances r low for this course. For VISA.

tiger007

Champion Member
tejash said:

CODE B408
YEAR OF STUDY 2013-2014
METHOD OF STUDY FT

Hi,

Perfect PG college course in HR, matching your background.
You may search for other programmes too.

After getting LOA (letter of acceptance/ admission) from GBC, you must apply for Canadian study permit under SPP category (assuming you are applying for first time and since GBC is participating college under SPP).

To know more about General/generic route, see the official checklist (acco. to which you have to prepare your application): http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/Student_Partners_Program_09022013.pdf
To know more about general Canadian study permit see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

After studies... you can stay back in Canada- temporarily (by applying for PGWP-post grad work permit) or permanently (by applying for PGWP, working on PGWP, meeting eligibility criteria and then applying for 1 of various student immigration routes).

Then, once you get visa... and start studying... you can immediately start working ON-CAMPUS(provided you bag a job) or OFF campus (after 6 months of actual studies in Canada) by applying for an OFF CAMPUS WORK PERMIT.
To know more about OCWP: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus.asp
Moreover, since this PG HR course at GBC has a co-op(internship) term attached to it, you will also work full time in internship(co-op) by applying for a co-op work permit.
To know more: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-coop.asp
If you study a min. 2 academic years/ 4 terms/atleast 16 months of actual study, then you will be eligible for a 3 years PGWP- Post Grad Work Permit (max possible, and highly reccomended for those aiming for immigration). If you do any recognized course less than 2 acd./4 terms duration, you will be eligible for study permit equivalent to the duration of study. In case of this particular HR PG certificate at GBC, you will be eligble for 1 year PGWP.
To know more about PGWP: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp

Once you get PGWP, you have many options to stay back in Canada permanently, by applying to one of various student immigration programmes. remember MOST student immigration programmes, requires graduates to find a full time skilled job (NOC O,A, or B) which may or may not be in one's field and you may be required to work anywhere between 0-12 months (all depending upon different immigration programmes you choose to apply under).
NOC O,A and B level jobs are classified as skilled jobs.. while NOC C as semi-skilled jobs and finally NOC D as unskilled jobs.
To get more idea, see the official matrix:
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/pdf/Matrix.pdf

There are various student immigration programmes which includes Federal CEC (for students of all provinces outside Quebec) to other student provincial nominee programmes (PNPs) offered by various other individual provinces, In these cases, if you are eligible, students 1st apply for provincial nomination, and once they get nomination from the province, next stage is to apply for the PR with the federal govt. After passing out of GBC, you will either have to apply for PR under Fedral CEC, Ontario PNP or move to other province and apply for PR under their respective provincial nomination programme.

To know more about various student immigration programmes, read particularly the "MARCH 2013 update" post on this thread near bottom:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.45.html
(Here all official websites of various immigration programmes as well as the gist of each programme is mentioned.)

Keep in mind, that no immigration programmes are permanent, and it will definitely change to some or larger degree, by the time you graduate. For example, just recently province of Nova Scotia stopped it's international graduate PNP.

Hope it helps

Best of Luck

tejash

Mar 2, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sandhuboy said:
chances r low for this course. For VISA.
Hi tiger007,

chances are less for visa?....hey guys last chance for me really worried?????? :mad: