+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning to apply for LMIA but confused need Suggestion

iamSunny

Feb 3, 2015
I am working for a company as a full time employee with PGWP,My company is not interested in doing LMIA for me.Then i was looking for another job finally i found a company who is willing to offer me a job with half of the salary what I am getting now but agreed to do LMIA,can some one suggest me, shall I ask my new employer to apply LMIA for the position title and recruit me after once he get approved or shall I quit my current company and ask the new employer to apply LMIA on my name.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
your LMIA needs to be approved for the CRS points. I would wait for your new employer to get LMIA approved, then quit your previous job.

LMIA requires prevalent wage. are you sure you are going to make it?

movincool

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 29, 2015
AOR Received.
January 17, 2016
Med's Request
June 1, 2016
Med's Done....
June 6, 2016
iamSunny said:
I am working for a company as a full time employee with PGWP,My company is not interested in doing LMIA for me.Then i was looking for another job finally i found a company who is willing to offer me a job with half of the salary what I am getting now but agreed to do LMIA,can some one suggest me, shall I ask my new employer to apply LMIA for the position title and recruit me after once he get approved or shall I quit my current company and ask the new employer to apply LMIA on my name.
Well you never know if you'll get a positive LMIA and in worst case scenario, if you don't get it and also take a hit on your salary, you will regret it later on.

So i'll suggest going with the first option and keep your current job until your new employer gets a positive LMIA.

redd23

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Your LMIA will not pass. Your wages need to be a minimum of the median prevailing wage for your job title in your geographical area as described by the government job bank. If your new employer is going to pay you a lot less, then I am assuming it is below the prevailing wage.

Just search for Prevailing wages on the ESDC website.