+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Planning for mba in canada

aditya_don

Jun 3, 2015
Hi ,
I am planning to do MBA from canada .
I will appear for gmat in two months. I am sure that i ll score 700+.
Here is my profile in short -
25 Age , Male indian , Working in IT for 4 Years ,
10th 88% , 12th 85% , B.E. (Production engg) 62% ,

I will prefer 1 year course .
colleges i am targeting -
Ivey
Queens
Sauder

My questions -
1) what are chances of getting job in canda post mba ? I am fine continue to work in IT later too , I am not stubborn on changing field post mba .
2)Info about work permit - do we get 3 years work permit after completing 1 year mba course too ? I know its given after completing 2 year course .
3) Student visa procedure - How long generally it takes to complete this procedure.
4) Cost - Assuming i get 50% scholarship on my tution fees , what will be approximate total cost for completing mba from above mentioned colleges ? (tuition +cost of living )
5) Can i expect a salary of 5000$ per month based on my profile ? I knw its too early to ask this question , as there will be many factors come into picture .

Kindly respond
Thanks

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aditya_don said:
Hi ,
I am planning to do MBA from canada .
I will appear for gmat in two months. I am sure that i ll score 700+.
Here is my profile in short -
25 Age , Male indian , Working in IT for 4 Years ,
10th 88% , 12th 85% , B.E. (Production engg) 62% ,

I will prefer 1 year course .
colleges i am targeting -
Ivey
Queens
Sauder

My questions -
1) what are chances of getting job in canda post mba ? I am fine continue to work in IT later too , I am not stubborn on changing field post mba .
2)Info about work permit - do we get 3 years work permit after completing 1 year mba course too ? I know its given after completing 2 year course .
3) Student visa procedure - How long generally it takes to complete this procedure.
4) Cost - Assuming i get 50% scholarship on my tution fees , what will be approximate total cost for completing mba from above mentioned colleges ? (tuition +cost of living )
5) Can i expect a salary of 5000$ per month based on my profile ? I knw its too early to ask this question , as there will be many factors come into picture .

Kindly respond
Thanks
You have a very good profile for an MBA. if you get that kind of a GMAT score any university in canada will accept you. you will get accepted easily.

Opportunities for jobs is very subjective to individuals, depends on your personal traits. I will answer this from a visa and PR perspective. Firstly you want a 1yr MBA which means you will get only 1yr work permit on graduating. From what i have read online and other ppl in this forum is 1yr PGWP chances of hiring you are less as you are neither a permanent resident nor would the company risk hiring you cause the company will have to sponsor your PR. My advice take up a 2yr course it gives you 3yr work permit and companies would invest in you and you really don't need the company sponsorship.

From my understanding of Canada and a few friends currently living in canada have told me that jobs depends on the province. In general the big cities Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary have good jobs.

If you are applying for visa under university status you will get the visa in 2-3 weeks or a month just in case if there are holidays.

The universities listed here will easily cost you more than 40k Ca$ you should visit the university websites or email the admissions committee to get the fees details they are the best resources to get the latest figures. For visa you will have to show 10,000 Ca$ as a GIC certificate. This money has to be deposited in a Scotia bank account created by you. You can apply for visa only after getting this account and depositing the 10k Ca$.

living costs again depend on the province and city and your lifestyle. If you are ready to share rooms and cut down costs typically it will cost you 500-700 Ca$ a month including rent and food. You can earn part time which can help you cover living costs.

Salary is a bit to early to predict how the market will be when you graduate. In the current scenario in Toronto city the average salary per month is 4800 Ca$. Yu can refer Money Sense 2014 survey of canada if you want the region wise performance.

Hope this helps.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
kartz said:
Salary is a bit to early to predict how the market will be when you graduate. In the current scenario in Toronto city the average salary per month is 4800 Ca$. Yu can refer Money Sense 2014 survey of canada if you want the region wise performance.
FYI - average salary in Toronto per Stats Canada is closer to $4K a month. These figures were released earlier this year.

aditya_don

Jun 3, 2015
kartz said:
The universities listed here will easily cost you more than 40k Ca$ you should visit the university websites or email the admissions committee to get the fees details they are the best resources to get the latest figures. For visa you will have to show 10,000 Ca$ as a GIC certificate. This money has to be deposited in a Scotia bank account created by you. You can apply for visa only after getting this account and depositing the 10k Ca$.
Bro thanks a lot for all the info .
Just a quick question , Regarding deposit , 10,000 Ca$ this amount i ll deposit in a Scotia bank account. So is this a VISA fees or something that i ll have to give to Canada government for staying in canada for two years?
I mean , do we have to pay anything to them apart from visa application fees?
Sorry if my question is very stupid but i am totally new to all this VISA stuff :)

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aditya_don said:
Bro thanks a lot for all the info .
Just a quick question , Regarding deposit , 10,000 Ca$ this amount i ll deposit in a Scotia bank account. So is this a VISA fees or something that i ll have to give to Canada government for staying in canada for two years?
I mean , do we have to pay anything to them apart from visa application fees?
Sorry if my question is very stupid but i am totally new to all this VISA stuff :)
Nope, its illogical to charge 10,000 $ for an application. The 10,000$ is for covering your living expenses.

Here is how it works the visa officer will asses your financial backing for pursuing studies. You will have to show financials for the tuition fees (includes your health insurance) + living cost for 1yr, scholarships etc. According to CiC living cost is 10,000$ per year and hence you have to get a GIC from scotia bank for this amount. If you are opting for an education loan, the loan will cover this expense as well. Irrespective of the course length either 1yr, 2yr or more. a 10,000$ GIC is sufficient the "Per year" clause doesn't mean you need more than 10k $ for a 2yr course.

If you are funding your course with an education loan. Your bank will transfer the tuition fees to your university and the living expenses you have availed from the loan can be used for the 10,000$ GIC.

You have to pay only the application fees.