+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pieces of personal identification

Bbbkkk

Jun 2, 2018
Hey,

I need two pieces of personal identification to complete my application (proof of citizenship) but I'm outside Canada and I don't have any of the documents that appear on the list...

Since where I live is EXTREMELY difficult to get any document I don't have a passport (I'm on it tho) or a driver's license, I called the consular officer and she told me to submit only (1) photocopy of my national ID

What do y'all think? what should I do? sos:(

I'm 18

Dec 14, 2014
Not my personal experience ( nor I'm a lawyer) But like in other cases of missing/not having documents I have seen... You should think of getting a notarized affidavit with your photo on it and with your complete details as if its a photo ID ( Name, Birth date, Nationality, Any other relevant details) and explained reason for not having listed ID type.
That definitely works for not having Birth/marriage certificates etc.
Along with that may be you should add what ever you have.. School/College/Employer ID etc.

Bbbkkk

Jun 2, 2018
I do have my venezuelan ID but the case is that it must be 2 pieces of personal identification, also she told me that it wasn't necessary to translate it because the information is too obvious...
And do you think my college ID would work as my 2nd piece of identification?

Dec 14, 2014
I do have my venezuelan ID but the case is that it must be 2 pieces of personal identification, also she told me that it wasn't necessary to translate it because the information is too obvious...
And do you think my college ID would work as my 2nd piece of identification?
Affidavit with photo and details will be much better and should be first preference for you.