+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Phone number to reach out IRCC/CIC to query PR renewal status

likingcanada

Aug 18, 2022
My parents PR cards expired in mid 2021. I sent the application in Dec.2021. File received in Jan 2022 and processed in Feb with "Decision Made"

My parents left for home country in Jan 2020 and unable to travel during pandemic, therefore, they are a bit short of days to meet the residence obligations. They are waiting for the PR card to be renewed to travel again.

Since March 2022, I have not received any mail from the government till today.

I have used the webform a few times but all official answer: the agent does not access more information than you, etc etc

Is there a phone number to reach out the government to get some real people to check what is going on (is it rejected or accepted)? Whatever the decision is, please send the mail to confirm.

Akash20071986

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
My parents PR cards expired in mid 2021. I sent the application in Dec.2021. File received in Jan 2022 and processed in Feb with "Decision Made"

My parents left for home country in Jan 2020 and unable to travel during pandemic, therefore, they are a bit short of days to meet the residence obligations. They are waiting for the PR card to be renewed to travel again.

I have used the webform a few times but all official answer: the agent does not access more information than you, etc etc

Is there a phone number to reach out the government to get some real people to check what is going on (is it rejected or accepted)? Whatever the decision is, please send the mail to confirm.
00 1 888-242-2100 try this number..it's customer care ..they might able to help you..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

They weren’t entitled to renew their PR card if not in the country. You must be in Canada to submit a PR renewal application. They were also able to travel before mid 2021 so they shouldn’t have applied to renew their PR card without meeting their RO. Their application may have been denied because they weren’t in Canada when they applied. Your parents must be the ones who contact the government. You will not be able to receive their information for privacy reasons,