+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Phone bills for evidence. Please advice!

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
Hi everyone,

I am going to have an interview in Buffalo in Feb. I will bring more evidence to the interview such as phone bills, chat texts, email, mail,...
I am getting the problem with the phone bills cause I am international student, It's impossible for me to open an account from a phone company in US. So I use this number under the name of someone i know.
Therefore, I will bring the phone bills of my husband instead of mine to show them (I used to sent my husband's phone bills in the application before)
Do you think they will check if this number on the phone bills is really mine or not. Or do you think I have any other way to prove it's my phone number? Is it important to the visa officer?

Thanks a lot for your advice. Have a nice week!
Ha

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Two ideas.

1) The "owner" of the ohone number could write a letter sayuig it is yours to use (for the reasons you have stated). Then get him/her to sign the letter in front of a notary public. Then bring those phone records.

2) Failing (1), if you have a cel phone, forward the home number to your cel, and have the Visa Officer phone you during the interview. That will show you are the temporary owner of the phone number.

Sher10

Dec 15, 2009
Were you paying for the phone bill with your credit/debit card? If yes .. take the bank statement.

Best of luck!

Ha Nguyen

Star Member
Nov 9, 2009
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
File Transfer...
Mar-2017
I went to the bank and ask them to print off my account information including my name and phone number with the bank's stamp on it. I think it's also a good way. I definitely bring the cell phone with me to the interview. Thanks for your advice.