+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Philippines: Anybody applying for Fall Intake?

Cityworldcom

Feb 27, 2008
To all Filipinos who are applying for Fall Intake kindly share your timeline and experiences..
kindly specify the following:

University/College:
Date of LOA received:
Date of submission to CIC:
Date of AOR:
Date of Request for Medical:
Date of Medical Result:
Date of Medical Submission to CIC:
Date of Visa received:
Date of Landed:

Thanks..

Cityworldcom

Feb 27, 2008
Let me start.

University/College: SAIT
Course: Network Technician Fast Track Program
Date of Submission of Application to SAIT: Feb.12,2011
Date of LOA received:
Date of AOR:
Date of Medical Result:
Date of Visa received:
Date of Landed:

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Hi, here's my mine:

University/College: British Columbia Institute of Technology
Course: New Media Design and Web Development
Date of LOA received: January 11, 2011
Date of submission to CIC: March 3, 2011
Date of AOR:
Date of Medical Result:
Date of Visa received:
Date of Landed:

Cityworldcom

Feb 27, 2008
Hi Ayns, Hows the status of your application? Sait just called last April 20,2011 and offered me a seat and told me I will receive my Letter of Acceptance anytime this last weeek of April. I am just waiting for the LOA so I can submit my application of Study Permit to CIC. Hoping everything will be fine. Good Luck and God Bless.

P.S.
This is my email YM: Cityworldcom@yahoo.com - lets chat...

Cityworldcom

Feb 27, 2008
University/College: SAIT
Course: Network Technician Fast Track Program
Date of Submission of Application to SAIT: Feb.12,2011
Date of LOA received: May 11,2011
Date of AOR:
Date of Medical Result:
Date of Visa received:
Date of Landed:

bobbitoo

Apr 29, 2011
hi cityworld. here's my unfortunate timeline

University/College: GBC
Course:Health Information Management
Date of Submission of Application to GBC: November 2010
Date of LOA received: February 9, 2011
Date of submission to CIC: April 17, 2011
April 29 i received my refusal from CIC.

Don't know how to go about it.

Cityworldcom

Feb 27, 2008
Hello bobbitoo, Im sad to know that your application was not successful. can you share what is the reason of your refusal? Im about to submit my application to CIC anytime this week. Thanks for sharing ...

Cityworldcom

bobbitoo

Apr 29, 2011
@cityworld

i received a generic refusal letter stating that i was not able to satisfy the visa officer that i would leave canada by the end of the authorized time for me to stay because i have not demonstrated that i am sufficiently well established in the philippines and my proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of : qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, other educational opportunities available in the country or in canada, language abilities or future prospects and plans.

i applied on my own. do you have a consultant or agent?

please keep me posted on your application as i plan to reapply in time for my supposed september intake

Cityworldcom

Feb 27, 2008
@Bobbitoo

I am also applying on my own. The Visa Officer(VO) or Immigration officer(IO) will look if we have really the genuine intention to study in Canada. They will consider different factors such as: our finacial capability (if not you who will pay your tuition fees and whats the reason why they are paying), the ties in our country(Family, business, investments, properties and employment), our previous educations and present/previous employment. In my own opinion, they will make a decision basing on these factors, they will connect all the dots if its really connected with each other. Like for example your proposed studies(Health Information Management) they will see if its connected with your previous studies and to your present employment , why you are going to take that course?You should have strong/valid reason why you are taking this course.Your preferred course should be connected to your previous education and employment, you should make them believe that you need to study the course you want because your present job need it or your company need it or our country need it. This way they will think that you have genuine intention to study in Canada and they will think that you will be going back to your country after finishing your course. Hope this help.

@ masab.qayym

I am a graduate of Human Resource Management here in our country and also I am certified computer hardware Technician. I am working in a CATV company as Assistant Manager. Why You ask?

bobbitoo

Apr 29, 2011
@cityworld

yes, i realize all that. i think my mistake was that i followed the list of requirements in the philippine website specifically. i was contemplating on giving them additional documents, but i figured it would be better to follow the list of requirements, but unfortunately i should've followed my instincts. from my researches, i think i should've given proof of ties such as property documents and such.

my problem is, i've been working for my father's company for the past year as an administrative assistant, way out of line from my original profession, which is nursing. i have composed a statement of purpose indicating my intentions and plans and supposed connection between my chosen program and my previous education. i failed to mention in my SOP that i am the first born and am expected to return to the country to look after my parents and our business.

i have gone to a consultant and they've advised me to withdraw my fees from GBC and apply to another university instead and that hopefully i can fix everything in time for the january term. But the thing is I find the consultant's charges way too expensive, having in mind that i have done everything on my own with only minimum expenses. Plus, they suggested I enroll to one specific university which is much more expensive than GBC. I'm currently looking for another agency to help me with my case.

now, my question is, do you know anyone who have successfully applied for a study permit on their own? if so, what advise have they given?

i'm contemplating on reapplying by early june, just in time for my september intake. *i'm crossing my fingers like hell*

masab.qayyum

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Karachi
Visa Office......
ISB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
@ Cityworldcom

I wanted to know that is this Fast track program for Post grad studies or for undergrad. At SAIT I have not seen any post grad level course, do u know of any post grad course related to Electrical Engineering at SAIT. Also If you could tell me the difference between a Technology course and a technician course e.g Electrical Engineering Technology and Electrical Engineering Technician. I have seen that mostly the courses are same in both of these, Please help.

Cityworldcom

Feb 27, 2008
@Bobbittoo

Let me share you my story, Actually this is my second time to apply a study permit. I applied my first study permit when I was in Calgary during the summer of 2008. Devry Accepted me and they gave me a immigration consultant because I am a foreign student. I paid $500 cad to help me in getting my study permit. The consultant asked many things about myself and asked me what documents do I have during that time, I said to her I can get any documents that you require for me to have a study permit because my company( my dads company) is willing to support me all the way. So I requested all the docs I need like letter of support, Bank cert, land title, SEC papers and employment certification to my company. To cut the story short I mostly do the paper work and what the consultant did was that she just check and send the papers to CIC Seattle in USA. Why CIC Seattle? Her reason was that CIC Seattle is the nearest embassy outside Alberta, Canada. Then after 2 months my consultant called me that CIC Seattle was requesting me to personaly appear for interview and they require no more documents. I was very happy during that time but I have one problem I dont have a US visa during that time. I went back home since Christmas was fast coming during that time and decided to apply my US visa in the Philippines. Unfortunatley I was not given a US visa. Disappointed and disgusted I did not pursue what I have started. And now after 3 years with all the lessons and experiences I have learned, I am applying second time here in the Philippines. Hoping everything works fine.

I will update you whatever is the result of my application. I will send my application this monday to CIC makati.

@masab.qayyum

I think it can be for post grad and undergrad. I suggest that you email the school and inquire about it and I am sure they will answer all your questions and they might as well give you advise what is good for your situation. Hope this help...

cdrg04

May 25, 2011
@Cityworldcom and @bobbitoo

OMG! That's awful. Hope all will be fine this time around. I'm applying to a school in Ontario (for the Winter semester) and I was wondering if consultancy firms actually "help" in getting one's visa application granted. Based on Cityworldcom's experience, they don't, so all the more am I discouraged to avail of their services. But then again I'm afraid that I won't get my permit (on time) if I don't get an extra hand... What's the difference anyway between submitting your application by yourself and coursing them through an agent? A word about it'll help me decide. :D

I really hope it works out for you guys. Thanks.

Cityworldcom

Feb 27, 2008
@cdrg04

Hello, Actually there is no difference you just paid them for sending your application and remember you will be the one who will produce all the papers not them. My suggestion to you is read carefully the instruction guide for Philippines applicant (if you are a Filipino). Actually the guide is simple and easy to understand. You dont need a consultant, You can find the best consultant here in the forum because what the people sharing here are all experience based, Just have time to read and have the courage to ask what you want to know. Take your time to gather all the documents you need, do not hurry and think positive. Show them that you have genuine intention to study in Canada. Take it one step at a time. Please tell us what stage you are right now. Are you now in the process of getting LOA(letter of acceptance)?

Hope this help..