+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PhD student Visa Rejected..Please suggest

Flora123

Aug 16, 2011
I got admission letter from university of Toronto with full scholarship (RA+higher tuition fee waiver). I applied my visa at New Delhi one month ago. I received my refusal decision yesterday. The reason says that

1) You have submitted documentation which lacks authenticity as part of your application. This has diminished the overall credibility

2) Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of:your qualification, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans

What does that mean? I have submitted all required documents including my transcripts, university admission letter, financial document, etc. Could you please suggest me what should I do. Can I re-apply again? thanks

dannie88

Feb 13, 2014
New Delhi,India
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Doc's Request.
upfront
IELTS Request
upfront
File Transfer...
04-07-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
waived off
Passport Req..
04-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-07-2014
LANDED..........
12-08-2014
Re: PhD student Visa Rejected

Flora123 said:
I got admission letter from university of Toronto with full scholarship (RA+higher tuition fee waiver). I applied my visa at New Delhi one month ago. I received my refusal decision yesterday. The reason says that

1) You have submitted documentation which lacks authenticity as part of your application. This has diminished the overall credibility
2) Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of:your qualification, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans

What does that mean? I have submitted all required documents including my transcripts, university admission letter, financial document, etc. Could you please suggest me what should I do. Can I re-apply again? thanks
Did u notarize ur docs n share ur profile

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
Wow..this is strange and I thought with a scholarship things get easy! I too will be on funding by the University and now I too am scared because my documents aren't notorized plus a careless application.
Anyway,you definitely can apply again. Keep us posted.
Btw did you apply through VFS Delhi?

loginbits12

Star Member
May 13, 2014
aparna.bhardwaj said:
Wow..this is strange and I thought with a scholarship things get easy! I too will be on funding by the University and now I too am scared because my documents aren't notorized plus a careless application.
Anyway,you definitely can apply again. Keep us posted.
hi flora you can caps which provide details info about it. thank you ....http://www.caips.ca/

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Flora123 said:

RA/TA (future income) can not be a proof of funding. You will have to put off a scholarship (official letter) with full amount/duration/conditions.

aparna.bhardwaj

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mumbai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-06-2014
Med's Request
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
16-07-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
28-08-2014
J5M said:
Hi,

RA/TA (future income) can not be a proof of funding. You will have to put off a scholarship (official letter) with full amount/duration/conditions.
She has submitted her admission letter which is also the offer letter and mostly has all the funding details.
Flora,123,
Kindly share your entire list to get a better idea!

meagan99

May 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2014 (paper based through VFS)
Med's Done....
upfront medical (~15 days before applying)
Passport Req..
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
01-07-2014
Flora123 said:

post your complete profile to get better answers

did u lie about something in your application form ??