+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PhD following MSc. degree from Canada

arax30th

Nov 26, 2012
TyrusX said:
Quote from: Dani1982 on November 12, 2012, 02:25:08 pm
This is the new regulation which will be in effect from Jan 2013

Hi Dani1982, thank you for the link. I think there is passage in the amendment there that everybody thinking of applying for CEC next year must really pay attention, especially regarding what work experience would count

(3) Paragraph 87.1(3)(a) of the Regulations is replaced by the following:

(a) any period of employment during which the foreign national was engaged in full-time study shall not be included in calculating a period of work experience;

And also

(4) Subsection 87.1(3) of the Regulations is amended by adding “and” at the end of paragraph (d) and by repealing paragraphs (e) and (f).

I suppose, they want to be more stringent now in granting the work experience for CEC, and work experience that you obtain while you're also doing full-time study will NO LONGER COUNT for CEC next year. This would mean that TA/RA experience WON'T count for CEC. They're really closing the ambiguity this time. I really hope that this won't apply to FSW as well, as this would render a lot of PhD students ineligible for the PhD stream.

It doesn't make sense because enrolment in university is a university or college is a "requirement" of research assistantship according to NOC4012 job requirement!