+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PHD Enrollment

kenneth1_4

May 27, 2011
Hi guys

Could anybody tell me how can I get enrolled to PHD in Management course in Canada
How long will it take....
What is the procedure...
Do u hv to do IELTS
whts will be the cost

thanks
kenneth

afridi2482

Apr 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2011
Med's Request
24-03-2011
Med's Done....
28-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
04-08-2011
LANDED..........
September 2011
why dont u go to the specific university where u r planning to do ur PhD....

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
u r right afridi.

Please be more specific. It will help us to respond u

vsavarikar

May 24, 2011
Hi Kenneth

As requested in earlier post it would help if you ask a more specific question. Also management is a very broad term you need to specify which field in management i.e Finance, Marketing , OB/HR, Operations , etc...Any way I think you want to know the admission requirement and procedure for PhD in Canada...So here it goes

1) A first class ungergraduate and master's degree in Management or related fields like economics, Psychology, etc.... In some cases University may allow you to join a PhD program right after you undergraduate degree if you have extraordinary academic track record.
2) GMAT (700 and above) or GRE score 1200 and above. Again socre cut off differs from university to university and from the field to field.
For example : Phd in finance would have higher cut off than PhD in Marketing. Having said that GMAT /GRE is not the sole deciding factor but a good socre certaily gives you a cutting edge.

3) IELTS 6.5 and above, if you have completed you undergraduate degree in english medium institute and can proove so than you might get exempted but you will have to confirm it from the university you are applying to.

4) 2-3 references preferably from your course guide, professors , dissertation supervisor, HOD, or precisely any person who has known you in academic capacity and can comment athoritatively on your apptitude and research potential . Please note that unlike MBA , industry experience doesnt count much for PhD. You need to accentuate on your research experience even if it is your undergraduate or Masters project , thesis etc.

5) Statement of purpose (SOP). It is important that you go through each universtiy website to gain better understanding regarding faculty research interest so as to see if they fit with your personal research interest. Yes it is very important that you have an idea as to what areas would you like to explore as a Phd student. You dont have to give a definate topic of research in your SOP but you should have a fair idea of what you want to do. SOP is very important.

6) Transcripts of all your degrees.

Below I am providing a list of Universities which provide PhD in Management in Canada

1. Uni of Toronto (Rotman Business school)
2. York University (Schulich business school)
3. University of western ontario, Richard Ivey Business school
4. University of British columbia
5) McGill university
6. Mcmaster
7 Carleton University
8 Wilfrid Laurier University
9 Memorial University
10 Queens University

For admission dates and all you have look individual university web sites but most dead lines are from late nov to feb every year.

Hope this helps

Vasundhara

balpreet kaur

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello
i am student of biotechnology from india.
i am left wid last year of my masters.
wants to apply for phd in cell biology,cell signaling.
but i am confused.from where should i start.
i have few universities in mind.
should i ask some consultant or start applying to universities individually.
is it better to take IELTS exam or TOEFL??
kindly help

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
balpreet kaur said:
hello
kindly help
For PhD What matters is to find a supervisor. So What I suggest you is to get a great research proposal and send it to potential supervisor,, that can be say almost all the universities which u have listed. Amongst them you may hardly be able to get one potential supervisor. As its getting much harder these days to get PhD admission ( The reason are a) one can directly apply for PR in couple of years time of PhD study and b) one can get funding upto 20k or more per year of research.

Hope these will work for u,

God Bless,
Kavya

kavya

Champion Member
Sep 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
ND VO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10//06/2010
Doc's Request.
30/10/2010
AOR Received.
15/01/2011
kavya said:
For PhD What matters is to find a supervisor. So What I suggest you is to get a great research proposal and send it to potential supervisor,, that can be say almost all the universities which u have listed. Amongst them you may hardly be able to get one potential supervisor. As its getting much harder these days to get PhD admission ( The reason are a) one can directly apply for PR in couple of years time of PhD study and b) one can get funding upto 20k or more per year of research.

Hope these will work for u,

God Bless,
Kavya
balpreet kaur said:
hello
kindly help
Yes your answer are: yap you need to give Tofel or IELTS, which is not a big deal, some of them are not high demanding if they like your research proposal. and never be reliable on consultants, they are hopeless after you pay them fees. So do it by self is the key for it..

BKParmar

Sep 17, 2012
I am student from India interested in pursing PhD in HR below are my educational background and queries

Graduation =Bachelor of Commerce (50%)(Grade B)(2005-2008)
Post graduation =Master of business administration(Human Resource Management)(Distance learning)(65%)(2010-2012)
Master of Commerce (Human Resource Management)(External)(2010-2013)
Work Experience = 3 Years (Small Scale Industry)
1 Month (HR Trainee certificate from a leading industry)
GMAT score = 470 (Needed 600 Still working on it)
Interested College=Rotman University,Toronto

Questions

What are the average cutoffs of the phd students in Gmat ?
Do I need to have a higher score the 600(Required for Rotman) in Gmat ?
Am I Eligible for Phd as I have done my post graduation in Distance and External ?