+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pharmacy ECA

2nose

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
In an email from the PEBC (bold my own):
"The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) is designated by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada as of January 6, 2014 to provide Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) for Principal Applicants intending to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) for immigration to Canada and for whom Pharmacist would be the primary occupation for their application to immigrate to Canada. Please see the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp) for more information."

What if I am not the principle applicant? If I am an accompanying spouse, would a WES report of my Pharmacy BA suffice?

Thanks!

alimzlm

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
In my opinion , they are focusing on the principle applicant . But be careful of WES since they would surprise you and mention that your university is "Not Recognized" in the "Institution Status field " . So better to use PEBC instead

M.Mostafa

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you claim points from your pharmacy degree, you have to do it through PEBC, even if you aren't the main applicant.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
As stated on CIC website;

How to choose a designated organization

b. as a pharmacist (NOC 3131):
if you need a license to practice (for example, providing patient care in a community pharmacy, hospital pharmacy, long term care facility or other practice settings) the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) must do your ECA,

if you are in a position where you do not need a license (organizations such as the pharmaceutical industry and government which require a pharmacy degree because of the education or skill set, but may not require a licence to practice pharmacy), you can have your credentials assessed by one of the other designated ECA organizations. Contact the regulatory authority in the province where you plan to live to find out if you need a licence to practice your intended occupation.

Some designated organizations partner with certain regulatory bodies or large employers. In that case, the ECA you get for applying to CIC might also help you later on. For each one, you should check to find out what other organizations recognize their assessments.

Note: CIC uses assessments done by the MCC or the PEBC for immigration purposes. They are also used in the process of licensing for those professions. Please contact the regulatory authority in the province where you plan to live for more information about getting a licence.

Link to the above information: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp?

It depends on your situation but I think getting it done by the PEBC is a better option. It's not just safe but useful for the future consideration (like licensure and job etc.), as well.

singhmik

Aug 31, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2015
Doc's Request.
05-01-2016 & 25-01-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
Interview........
NOT NEEDED AT THIS TIME
2nose said:
In an email from the PEBC (bold my own):
"The Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) is designated by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada as of January 6, 2014 to provide Educational Credential Assessments (ECA) for Principal Applicants intending to apply under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) for immigration to Canada and for whom Pharmacist would be the primary occupation for their application to immigrate to Canada. Please see the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp) for more information."

What if I am not the principle applicant? If I am an accompanying spouse, would a WES report of my Pharmacy BA suffice?

Thanks!
you should use PEBC to avoid unnecessary delay . I know it is expensive than WES n all others.. But it is worth getting it done as it will help you later on as well if you planning to write exams. ( PEBC credentialing is valid for 4 years)

jaz3223

Feb 25, 2016
IMO, ECA from PEBC is required if you are claiming points for your bachelors of pharmacy degree as a Professional Degree.... coz points for a pharmacy professional degree, viz bachelors, are the same as a masters degree...

If you already have a masters in pharmacy degree and are claiming points for masters degree only, then ECA from WES will also suffice....

Inputs from senior members will be appreciated.

Thanks

Reactions: Mohamed Abdelhafez