+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP

dyltt

Oct 10, 2019
Hi there,

Just before the pandemic began, and restrictions were made very limiting. I left Canada after graduation, and received my invitation to return to Canada- with the provision of a 3 year PGWP.However, due to the pandemic, and not having an official job offer, I have been unable to return to Canada, almost waiting 2 years to actually return and be granted the physical work permit. I am inquiring if, this means that I have used my work permit already, or if it is the case that I can attend a Masters degree, and be granted again, another PGWP, under the assumption that I was never actually given or granted the PGWP due to the inability to physically return to Canada because of the pandemic over the last two years.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A PGWP is issued only once, and there have been no changes due to the pandemic. Did you try to return to Canada in the past two years, even without a job offer?

dyltt

Oct 10, 2019
hi there,
No I have not as it specifically says on the web page that unless you have a solid job offer, you are considered to be non-essential travel and as such I did not risk trying to get back

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi there,
No I have not as it specifically says on the web page that unless you have a solid job offer, you are considered to be non-essential travel and as such I did not risk trying to get back
Job offer or show you normally live in Canada are the two ways. Given you have waited so long, you can’t show that you normally live in Canada. If you had tried to enter a year ago or more, maybe.

far098

Sep 22, 2022
CARLETON WINTER 2023 .. it changed for me 2 weeks before to “Review in progress by Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs” ,however I am yet to receive decision. Having checked with the grad department and as informed need to wait for 2 weeks more, not sure got admitted or not , can anyone Plz advise.. Department Electrical & computer Science.