+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refusal

Jun 7, 2023
Hello Guys,

I applied for a PGWP on 14th November 2022 and received a Refusal Letter on 5th May, 2023. The reason stated was that I graduated on 3rd May, 2022 and applied for a PGWP after the completion of 180 days. The Immigration Officer assumed that I was without status from 3rd May 2022 (graduation date) till 14th November 2022 (when I applied for PGWP). But I was actually on an SP extension till 30th November, 2022 because I was granted an extension from my college (Centennial) in order to complete my COOP. I completed these hours on August 28, 2022 and was cleared to graduate from my program on September 23, 2022. But the graduation date on the letter goes back to May 2022 (when the program was supposed to be completed).

I raised an IRCC web form explaining everything with all the proof (email communication with the college and a support lettter provided by them). A couple of days back I received a response from IRCC stating that they were processing my application. Instead of “Refused”, it now says “Submitted.”

Is there much hope for me?

I would be grateful for any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions.

Regards,
Anshul Naithani

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Guys,

I applied for a PGWP on 14th November 2022 and received a Refusal Letter on 5th May, 2023. The reason stated was that I graduated on 3rd May, 2022 and applied for a PGWP after the completion of 180 days. The Immigration Officer assumed that I was without status from 3rd May 2022 (graduation date) till 14th November 2022 (when I applied for PGWP). But I was actually on an SP extension till 30th November, 2022 because I was granted an extension from my college (Centennial) in order to complete my COOP. I completed these hours on August 28, 2022 and was cleared to graduate from my program on September 23, 2022. But the graduation date on the letter goes back to May 2022 (when the program was supposed to be completed).

I raised an IRCC web form explaining everything with all the proof (email communication with the college and a support lettter provided by them). A couple of days back I received a response from IRCC stating that they were processing my application. Instead of “Refused”, it now says “Submitted.”

Is there much hope for me?

I would be grateful for any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions.

Regards,
Anshul Naithani
All you can do is wait but you have included the correct information. Change status to visitor and assume you stopped working.