+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Refusal

khanfaraz

May 25, 2023
Hi,

Recently, I received a decision stating that my Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) has been refused after 5 months. The reason given was that I applied after my study permit had expired. However, I actually applied for the PGWP before the expiry date on my document. When I reached out to lawyers for advice, one of them suggested that I go for reconsideration by using the web form. In that web form, I explained that I had applied for the PGWP before the expiry date.

I had been searching for a second course and collecting funds, but I wasn't able to do so within the timeframe and ended up applying for the PGWP. I haven't received any updates yet on my web form submission, and I'm now confused about whether to pursue a judicial review or not. My career is at stake, and I can't risk it just because of this situation. The website clearly states that we have 180 days to apply for our work permit after receiving the completion letter.
Any leads or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hi,

Recently, I received a decision stating that my Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) has been refused after 5 months. The reason given was that I applied after my study permit had expired. However, I actually applied for the PGWP before the expiry date on my document. When I reached out to lawyers for advice, one of them suggested that I go for reconsideration by using the web form. In that web form, I explained that I had applied for the PGWP before the expiry date.

I had been searching for a second course and collecting funds, but I wasn't able to do so within the timeframe and ended up applying for the PGWP. I haven't received any updates yet on my web form submission, and I'm now confused about whether to pursue a judicial review or not. My career is at stake, and I can't risk it just because of this situation. The website clearly states that we have 180 days to apply for our work permit after receiving the completion letter.

Thanks.
Reconsideration webform can take 4-8 weeks for a response. You can try calling iRCC to check the current status - If you have done the right thing, then JR sounds like a good idea

Jun 7, 2023
Hi,

Thanks.
Same situation brother! Did you apply for a pgwp when you were on student permit ext? Because that’s what happened with me. I was on SP ext and didn’t mention that in my pgwp application. So the officer assumed that I was without status and was applying after 180 days had passed.

Jun 7, 2023
Hi,

Thanks.
Same situation brother! Did you apply for a pgwp when you were on student permit ext? Because that’s what happened with me. I was on SP ext and didn’t mention that in my pgwp application. So the officer assumed that I was without status and was applying after 180 days had passed.
JR might not be a good idea. Wait for a response to IRCC web form. I am doing the same and it’s been longer than you I guess.

kalamoz

Jun 23, 2023
Hi,

Any leads or guidance would be greatly appreciated a small world cup

Thanks.
How about you, do you solve this issue?