+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP question

Emily99

Sep 27, 2024
Hello all. May I ask if I have completed a course in April 2024, and got for a study permit extension until September next year (extended my husband's open work permit). And, I have a job for 3 months in the summer under student permit. However, I am currently studying the second course, but I want to withdraw from the second course and apply for PGWP because I have a job offer. With this situation, is my PGWP application risky? And, what should I do to avoid any risk when I submit PGWP for this case. Thank you very much.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Hello all. May I ask if I have completed a course in April 2024, and got for a study permit extension until September next year (extended my husband's open work permit). And, I have a job for 3 months in the summer under student permit. However, I am currently studying the second course, but I want to withdraw from the second course and apply for PGWP because I have a job offer. With this situation, is my PGWP application risky? And, what should I do to avoid any risk when I submit PGWP for this case. Thank you very much.
It's doable but you have 180 days from date your final results were available to apply for PGWP.

Emily99

Sep 27, 2024
Thank you, but do I need to write a letter of explaination about withdrawing from the couse , changed my mind to apply pgwp? Many thanks again.

forevermore76

May 19, 2024
Thank you, but do I need to write a letter of explaination about withdrawing from the couse , changed my mind to apply pgwp? Many thanks again.
Yes, just mention things have changed and you would like to get a PGWP instead. One thing to note is they may count the months which have already passed towards your PGWP.

Emily99

Sep 27, 2024
Thank you, I understand about PR journey with 1 year of PGWP. But now I am worried about PGWP when I withdraw from the second course.