+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP + positive LMIA, claim 50 points

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My employer has filed for dual intent LMIA on 19 June. He also applied for extension as my PGWP was expiring on 20 July. I created my express entry profile with CRS 470, anticipating that after getting positive LMIA it will increase to 520.

Now there is a problem. My employer has not yet filed his income tax return, and my lawyer says my application will be rejected. I hope that he will file it in a month and current LMIA processing time is 97 working days (Nov - Dec in my case).

Please advise. If I get visitor status and try to increase my CRS by learning French, will I be able to file my PR application. Are there any other options or the road is closed for me
Well you were not eligible to extend PGWP so it will be refused anyways. Once it is refused then you are out of status in Canada. You will not get a response for a LMIA in that timeframe. I think they are processing February/March LMIA application right now.

If you know French then start immersing yourself as you need CLB 7 (Advanced-Intermediate) to gain points. Basic French is of no help.

May need to change status to visitor. And you cannot apply for a LMIA within Canada so need to figure that out to.

NewDelhi

Apr 24, 2022
Well you were not eligible to extend PGWP so it will be refused anyways. Once it is refused then you are out of status in Canada. You will not get a response for a LMIA in that timeframe. I think they are processing February/March LMIA application right now.

If you know French then start immersing yourself as you need CLB 7 (Advanced-Intermediate) to gain points. Basic French is of no help.

May need to change status to visitor. And you cannot apply for a LMIA within Canada so need to figure that out to.
Thanks.
I mistakenly written extension of PGWP. Actually, it was filed after applying for dual purpose LMIA, for working under my employer only. If I get that closed work permit, I can work I get a decision on LMIA. This my lawyer says.
I hope my employer files his tax returns soon and I get positive LMIA. Otherwise as you said CLB 7 is required to gain CRS points.