Yes
AOR Received.
18-07-2020
Med's Done....
10-10-2020
LANDED..........
22-11-2020
Hi everyone.

I am on PGWP now, which was issued to my old passport's validity. My PGWP is expiring on Dec 31, 2020.
I have already applied for PGWP extension, but on paper. IRCC's website says that I need to apply via paper.
Currently, my EE is being processed. It is unlikely that I will be receiving my PR before my PGWP expires though.

Since IRCC is not processing any paper applications, I am wondering if I should apply for BOWP online soon.

So here I have a question. Given that my PGWP extension is not going to be processed anytime due to Covid19 (paper applications are suspended at this time), is it okay for me to apply for BOWP? I would still like to get my PGWP extended so I can have additional 1.5 years. Eventually, I will end up with two work permits in this situation. Is this okay?

Thanks!

danlb34

Star Member
Feb 16, 2018
Hi everyone.

I am on PGWP now, which was issued to my old passport's validity. My PGWP is expiring on Dec 31, 2020.
I have already applied for PGWP extension, but on paper. IRCC's website says that I need to apply via paper.
Currently, my EE is being processed. It is unlikely that I will be receiving my PR before my PGWP expires though.

Since IRCC is not processing any paper applications, I am wondering if I should apply for BOWP online soon.

So here I have a question. Given that my PGWP extension is not going to be processed anytime due to Covid19 (paper applications are suspended at this time), is it okay for me to apply for BOWP? I would still like to get my PGWP extended so I can have additional 1.5 years. Eventually, I will end up with two work permits in this situation. Is this okay?

Thanks!
I believe it would be ok. Once you reach the last 4 months of your current permit, you can apply for Bowp. I would just alert this situation in the Letter of Explanation for the Bowp, because the officer may can finalize your Pgwp extension and cancel the Bowp (what can be better in the future if you need to apply for Bowp again).

Because of the "4 months" requirement, you would have to wait until at least September to do apply for Bowp. Hopefully, until there you will receive the application number for your application for PGWP extension or you will be able to link the application to your CIC account. If it happens, you can evaluate if it's better to wait for the PGWP extension (as you would be able to apply to Bowp until December, before your current permit expiration).

Brommista

Sep 29, 2020
Hi everyone.

Thanks!
Hi,
I am in same situation. Did u get pgwp or bowp?