+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Length of Study Question

hchev001

Mar 6, 2018
So I've browsed through the forums for previous questions related to what I want to inquire about but would like confirmation from the community so I am not wrong.

I've read and been told by many to consider doing a two year program such as a diploma so I can get a 2-3 year PGWP. I've found plenty but when I look at the expected timeline for the semesters and courses, the duration of the program last less than two full years. Some take courses during the summer, so even though the college labels it as 2 years on their website it takes 1.5 years to finish.

I found one thread that mentioned that the duration of the PGWP would be based on the duration of the program written on the certificate of completion, and not necessarily the actual time used to finish the program. So if the certificate states a duration of two years then I will be eligible for a PGWP for up to three years. Is this true?

Thank you kindly.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Whatever the course notes say from the college, that's the official length of the program. All courses usually have a summer break.

Reactions: hchev001