+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP extension outside of Canada

user7854

Aug 7, 2021
Hey everyone! Anyone here applied for the new open work permit application outside of Canada?

My file is being processed by the Singapore VAC, however, they asked for the fees receipt twice. On their first request, I resubmitted the receipt along with a LOE that I am exempt from open work permit holder fee of CAD $100 under this public policy, hence, I just paid CAD $155.

Today, they just sent another request letter provide the CAD $100 for the open work permit holder fee. It makes me wonder if they are unaware of this new public policy and not equipped to process work permit applications under this new public policy.

P.S - my pgwp expired on Dec 2021 and I left Canada, hence, applying from outside of Canada.

azeemshaik

Aug 28, 2022
Hyderabad
Category........
WP
Hey,

My work permit expired on 04th of January 2022. Currently, i am outside of Canada and want to apply for PGWP Extension under the new public policy. During the online application, its asking for proof of fee exemption documents. Could you please help me what documents do i need to provide IRCC to avail the fee exemption.

Thank you in advance

user7854

Aug 7, 2021
Hey man,

You can pay the CAD $155 using this service: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=17 and attach the receipt in the "proof of fee exemption" dropbox. Additionally, I also wrote a letter stating that under this public policy I am exempt to pay the 'open work permit holder fee' of CAD $100, hence, I am just paying the work permit processing fee of $155. Combine the letter and the receipt, and upload it in the "Proof of fee exemption" section. You can look at the instructions here under Step 3. Pay your fees:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/post-graduation-work-permit-holders/apply-outside-canada.html

azeemshaik

Aug 28, 2022
Hyderabad
Category........
WP
Hey man,

You can pay the CAD $155 using this service: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/order.do?category=17 and attach the receipt in the "proof of fee exemption" dropbox. Additionally, I also wrote a letter stating that under this public policy I am exempt to pay the 'open work permit holder fee' of CAD $100, hence, I am just paying the work permit processing fee of $155. Combine the letter and the receipt, and upload it in the "Proof of fee exemption" section. You can look at the instructions here under Step 3. Pay your fees:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/post-graduation-work-permit-holders/apply-outside-canada.html
Thanks mate

Last edited:

user7854

Aug 7, 2021
One more question, do I need to pay the biometric fee of CAD $85 as well with CAD $155?
Has it been 10 years since you have given your first biometrics? If not, then you won’t need to pay again because the validity of Biometrics data is 10 years.

azeemshaik

Aug 28, 2022
Hyderabad
Category........
WP
Hey everyone! Anyone here applied for the new open work permit application outside of Canada?

My file is being processed by the Singapore VAC, however, they asked for the fees receipt twice. On their first request, I resubmitted the receipt along with a LOE that I am exempt from open work permit holder fee of CAD $100 under this public policy, hence, I just paid CAD $155.

Today, they just sent another request letter provide the CAD $100 for the open work permit holder fee. It makes me wonder if they are unaware of this new public policy and not equipped to process work permit applications under this new public policy.

P.S - my pgwp expired on Dec 2021 and I left Canada, hence, applying from outside of Canada.

Hey Buddy,

I have one more question. I attached IMM1295, IMM5707, IMM5257 and IMM5488(Checklist) to my application.
Both my work permit and visa expired on 04th of January 2022. Do i have to fill another form for TRV and pay the fee for the same in my application?

Samvar

May 21, 2024

Hey! Please help!

How did you apply for a PGWP extension when you were outside of Canada? I am unable to fill the form(imm5710e) because under the section, 'Current Residence', the country is prefixed to Canada and I cannot change it.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey! Please help!

How did you apply for a PGWP extension when you were outside of Canada? I am unable to fill the form(imm5710e) because under the section, 'Current Residence', the country is prefixed to Canada and I cannot change it.
You cannot apply for an PGWP extension online. It is paper based.