+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension (Jan 2023 expire date)

Hicks25

Jun 20, 2019
Hello everyone!

Congratulations to everyone who got automatic extension for 18 month!

I have another situation, my PGWP expires on January 2023. But it happened only because my PGWP processing time was longer than any one in my course and exceeded all deadlines , out of 40 students I am only one who is not eligible for extension. It is unfair.
I have automatic letter from IRCC stating that I am authorized to work full time before 22 December 2021, so which means if I got it in time I would be eligible to apply for extension as well, because I have only 1 year PGWP.

Here is a question, will it work if I apply anyways for extension with explanation letter, explaining that I was supposed to have eligibility to extend my PGWP and attach as a proof automatic confirmation letter?

Thank you in advance, Please any ideas from experienced members ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone!

Congratulations to everyone who got automatic extension for 18 month!

I have another situation, my PGWP expires on January 2023. But it happened only because my PGWP processing time was longer than any one in my course and exceeded all deadlines , out of 40 students I am only one who is not eligible for extension. It is unfair.
I have automatic letter from IRCC stating that I am authorized to work full time before 22 December 2021, so which means if I got it in time I would be eligible to apply for extension as well, because I have only 1 year PGWP.

Here is a question, will it work if I apply anyways for extension with explanation letter, explaining that I was supposed to have eligibility to extend my PGWP and attach as a proof automatic confirmation letter?

Thank you in advance, Please any ideas from experienced members ?
The new policy only applies to PGWPs expiring between September 20, 2021, to December 31, 2022. Since your PGWP expires in Januar 2023, you unfortunately don't fall under the policy. If you apply anyway, you should be expecting a refusal. You can certainly try and include the explanation.

Reactions: Hicks25

Vish1994

Sep 27, 2022
I am also in the same boat as you, PGWP Expiring just a week after 31st December. What options are you considering?

yulbrynner

Sep 30, 2022
I guess so many students have the same scenario, they should consider something for those pgwp expiring from Jan to Mar 2023. Mine expires on Jan, anyone has a positive reply from ircc please share and it may help others like us.

JakeGittes

Mar 16, 2020
Mine is expiring in Jan 2023, and I have applied for the extension anyway attaching a letter of explanation along with my application. I have a profile in EE and hoping to get an ITA before Jan 5 but seems highly unlikely at this point.

yulbrynner

Sep 30, 2022
Mine is expiring in Jan 2023, and I have applied for the extension anyway attaching a letter of explanation along with my application. I have a profile in EE and hoping to get an ITA before Jan 5 but seems highly unlikely at this point.
Having a score of 470 and waiting for scores to get down is too hectic, will hope you get a positive response from ircc.

Nov 27, 2022
Did you get a reply back from IRCC for the extention?

achsah346

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Did anyone applied for pgwp extension mine is expiring Jan 29 2023 if anybody did apply which category did you applied is that open work permit extension or pgwp extension?