+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expiring and looking for ways to extend.

Kyle184

Jan 12, 2024
Hi,

My Post Grad Work Permit expires in the middle of March and I was wondering if there are any good methods to extend it. I currently do not have a job nor a job offer, but would like to stay in Canada still to look for jobs.

Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

My Post Grad Work Permit expires in the middle of March and I was wondering if there are any good methods to extend it. I currently do not have a job nor a job offer, but would like to stay in Canada still to look for jobs.

Thanks.
You can change your status to visitor. This will allow you to remain in Canada without working while you look for an employer who will give you a job offer and approved LMIA.

Kyle184

Jan 12, 2024
You can change your status to visitor. This will allow you to remain in Canada without working while you look for an employer who will give you a job offer and approved LMIA.
Any chance you would direct me to where I can find how to change to Visitor Status?

Nishi P

Jan 26, 2024
Hi Scylla,

My PGWP is expiring in April and my current employer has just started the process to apply for LMIA. I doubt I will receive the LMIA result before my PGWP expires and new work permit gets approved. Could you please guide me with the following:

1) What if my PGWP expires and LMIA is still in progress. Can I be on implied status if I apply for the WP (before my PGWP expires) just by adding the LMIA application number? Or I would need the approved LMIA to apply the WP?
2) Or, if approved LMIA is needed to apply for WP. Should I apply for visitor record before my PGWP work permit expires and wait for the approved LMIA? and then can get the WP by flagpoling?
3) Otherwise, what would you suggest should be the plan of action?

I would really appreciate your guidance.

God Bless you
Thank you