+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expiring and just receipted OINP Nomination

toms776

Aug 13, 2024
Hello all,

I completed my studies and received a PGWP. My PGWP is due to expire at the end of August. I have just received an OINP Foreign Worker nomination and I had some questions.
1) Since I was under PGWP does that mean my employer does not need LMIA for the "Reasonable recruitment efforts" portion?
2) Will I need to submit all documents including references from my previous employer within 7 days?
3) Can I apply for a BOWP as soon as I submit the application?
4) My EOI contains a different NOC Code and TEER compared to what I will be submitting for work references. Will this make a difference?

Thank you for all your help in advance

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all,

I completed my studies and received a PGWP. My PGWP is due to expire at the end of August. I have just received an OINP Foreign Worker nomination and I had some questions.
1) Since I was under PGWP does that mean my employer does not need LMIA for the "Reasonable recruitment efforts" portion?
2) Will I need to submit all documents including references from my previous employer within 7 days?
3) Can I apply for a BOWP as soon as I submit the application?
4) My EOI contains a different NOC Code and TEER compared to what I will be submitting for work references. Will this make a difference?

Thank you for all your help in advance
You have been invited.
1. Correct. Your employer is supporting your nomination and will fill out the employer forms.
2. Is 7 days what you were given for complete application? If so, yes.
3. No. This is not an EE stream. Read the links to understand the process as you need nomination letter and work permit support letter.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-6

4. As per OINP, To meet the work experience requirement, you must have at least two years of cumulative paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in paid part-time work) in the same occupation (same National Occupational Classification code) as your job offer. So your work experience matches the NOC.