+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP expires soon

Jash312

Jun 22, 2024
Hey everyone,
My PGWP getting expired next month. What are the ways to stay in Canada after it gets expired

I’m planning to apply for open work permit extension and is it possible to apply for visitor record ( restoration of status) after my work permit expires (Getting rejected for extension)

Is anyone else here in the same boat?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey everyone,
My PGWP getting expired next month. What are the ways to stay in Canada after it gets expired

I’m planning to apply for open work permit extension and is it possible to apply for visitor record ( restoration of status) after my work permit expires (Getting rejected for extension)

Is anyone else here in the same boat?
How are you eligible for extension? Are you expected ITA? How high is your score? If extension is rejected then you are out of status and must apply to maintain visitor status.

rcincanada2019

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Isn’t possible to apply for “Restoration of Status” after getting the rejection? Please help me with the right path
If you want to do the right path, don't apply for something you are not qualified in the first place. Don't game the system. Ask your employer if they are willing to support you on a close work permit instead.

Good luck!

Reactions: forevermore76

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Isn’t possible to apply for “Restoration of Status” after getting the rejection? Please help me with the right path
You can apply. But approval is never guaranteed. This can be a bit of a risky approach since sometimes IRCC is unhappy when people apply for a work permit extension when they know very well they don't qualify for one. Best approach is to follow the rules and apply for a visitor record before your work premit expires so that you can switch your status to visitor and remain in Canada legally without falling out of status. But your choice of course.

Reactions: Jash312

Jash312

Jun 22, 2024
You can apply. But approval is never guaranteed. This can be a bit of a risky approach since sometimes IRCC is unhappy when people apply for a work permit extension when they know very well they don't qualify for one. Best approach is to follow the rules and apply for a visitor record before your work premit expires so that you can switch your status to visitor and remain in Canada legally without falling out of status. But your choice of course.
When applying for a visitor record, how many months of TRV would I get, and what can be the right reason to request for a visitor record? What can be the intent of stay?