+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP doubts .. Help is greatly appreciated

shahnijal

Aug 18, 2019
Hi there,
I am applying for my post graduate work permit as I finished my 1 year Masters program from a designated learning institution in canada.
-1. I am filling IMM 5710 form and in that it asks " Have you taken a test from designated testing agency to assess your proficiency in English" should i submit yes or no? I took TOEFL before coming to canada as it was required for university application process but I have good command over english and I have stated English as the language in Native language/ mother tongue tab? Should I juts say no ?
2. And in emplyement should I mention the jobs/ internship positions I did even if i was not paid and if it was outside canada ?
3. What to mention in "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada" yes or no?
I applied for coming here to study i.e. for a study permit, so should i tick yes and state in the box that i applied for study permit for my masters education?
4. Can you let me know that the digital photo i used for when applying for my study permit can be used for work permit as well?
5. I received an email from university stating that congratulations on your degree completion , so can i attach the pdf copy of that email as the letter from insitution or do I need to get hard copy from the university and take pictures and then upload?
6. I have not given biometrics previously so do I need to give them and is there anything like you need to go to usa canada border to give the biometrics ? When I created this pgwp file it just shows fees of 155 and 100 for permit, so does it mean I do not need to give biometrics ??
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

star.igg

Star Member
Sep 14, 2019
Hi there,
I am applying for my post graduate work permit as I finished my 1 year Masters program from a designated learning institution in canada.
-1. I am filling IMM 5710 form and in that it asks " Have you taken a test from designated testing agency to assess your proficiency in English" should i submit yes or no? I took TOEFL before coming to canada as it was required for university application process but I have good command over english and I have stated English as the language in Native language/ mother tongue tab? Should I juts say no ?
2. And in emplyement should I mention the jobs/ internship positions I did even if i was not paid and if it was outside canada ?
3. What to mention in "Have you previously applied to enter or remain in canada" yes or no?
I applied for coming here to study i.e. for a study permit, so should i tick yes and state in the box that i applied for study permit for my masters education?
4. Can you let me know that the digital photo i used for when applying for my study permit can be used for work permit as well?
5. I received an email from university stating that congratulations on your degree completion , so can i attach the pdf copy of that email as the letter from insitution or do I need to get hard copy from the university and take pictures and then upload?
6. I have not given biometrics previously so do I need to give them and is there anything like you need to go to usa canada border to give the biometrics ? When I created this pgwp file it just shows fees of 155 and 100 for permit, so does it mean I do not need to give biometrics ??
Thanks in advance
1. You have to have a valid English language test result. Doesn't matter what your native language is.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.

I can only answer those, hopefully someone else can answer others.

Reactions: shahnijal

Achechap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
Hello Shahnijal. Could you share what you did in the PGWP application? Was it approved? I had similar queries while applying now. I have mentioned my Native language as Hindi and I gave IELTS 2 years back.